Derek Roy for David Backes

OTTOnME

There is absolutely no evidence they were wore down!

Except this :

Goals per period

Buffalo 7 in 1st, 5 in the 2nd, 3 in the third, 0 in OT.

Boston 2 in 1st, 4 in the 2nd, 9 in the third, 1 in OT,

Shots by period

Buffalo 73 in 1st, 52 in the 2nd, 57 in the third, 12 in OT.

Boston 55 in the 1st, 70 in the second, 66 in the third, 14 in OT.

A clear pattern is there for all to see. Buffalo's numbers decline as the games went on. Boston's number Rise. I'm sure being outscored 9-3 in the third period had nothing to do with fatigue.

Disputable anecdotal evidence. The only difference between the two teams was the play of the top 2 forwards on each team.

No one can provide the "proof" you need to believe, so I won't try, but consider this: the sabres best forward played like a ###### animal, and may have single handedly won this series for buffalo, but he missed half the series because he almost had his leg chopped off by the big bad bruins. So what do his team mates do? Not a ###### thing. They fold like a cheap suit, like the fragile children their own goalie believes them to be.

That is all the proof I need.

No one can provide the "proof" you need to believe, so I won't try, but consider this: the sabres best forward played like a ###### animal, and may have single handedly won this series for buffalo, but he missed half the series because he almost had his leg chopped off by the big bad bruins. So what do his team mates do? Not a ###### thing. They fold like a cheap suit, like the fragile children their own goalie believes them to be.

That is all the proof I need.

First, he missed more then half the series. They hardly folded after he left game early in game 2.

Second, they stood toe to toe with them and even out hit them. What they didn't do was outscore them. The fraigle children comment was about mental toughness, not physical toughness.

First, he missed more then half the series. They hardly folded after he left game early in game 2.

Second, they stood toe to toe with them and even out hit them. What they didn't do was outscore them. The fraigle children comment was about mental toughness, not physical toughness.

In your mind, there is no correlation between the two? The point isn't how many minutes Vanek missed, it's that there was no repercussion for one of the dirtier hits I have seen in a while, and that they looked like lost, fragile little children without their offensive leader.

Toot toot. I was calling for Backes back in January. This is what Goose should've been and what the front office thought he would be. They both get paid the same amount of money only Goose gets half the points Backes does.

In your mind, there is no correlation between the two? The point isn't how many minutes Vanek missed, it's that there was no repercussion for one of the dirtier hits I have seen in a while, and that they looked like lost, fragile little children without their offensive leader.

You also have to take into account that the Sens tried the exact same a week earlier. It goes back to Gomez taking out Miller. How can you say team has any toughness when the other players on the bench refuse to protect their stars.

Archived