A Player Per Day: No. 25: Mike Grier

Eleven

55 members have voted

1. 1. How I feel about this player:

• 5: Must keep under any circumstances.
    • 4: Would like to keep; would trade only for a great return (if under contract) or would pay a premium to re-sign (if FA).
    • 3: Don't care if he stays or goes; would make a fair trade (if under contract) or pay somewhat above current salary to re-sign (if FA).
    • 2: Don't want him on the team, really; would trade for a somewhat lesser return (if under contract) or sign at current or lower salary (if FA).
    • 1: Get this guy off of the team, no matter what it takes.

Grier is just irreplaceable in my view. Especially on this team. He was one of our best players in the playoffs, and not to take anything away from the man, but that isn't a good thing. Grier needs to stay here, and if he has it in him, i'd like to see him play here for 2 more seasons.

To be fair, I'm sure there were injuries that nobody knew about. I love Gaustad and his energy and the way he plays all out, but he was very different after he broke his hand on Rupp's face in that fight. Maybe he hurt something else, like a shoulder, also.

Let's hope that our usual suspects of hitting and energy all had maladies that caused them to play like pansies the last half of the season and they come back better next year.

To be fair, I'm sure there were injuries that nobody knew about. I love Gaustad and his energy and the way he plays all out, but he was very different after he broke his hand on Rupp's face in that fight. Maybe he hurt something else, like a shoulder, also.

Let's hope that our usual suspects of hitting and energy all had maladies that caused them to play like pansies the last half of the season and they come back better next year.

It's the NHL. If a team didn't have injuries to contend with chances are they weren't in the playoffs.

Grier is just irreplaceable in my view. Especially on this team. He was one of our best players in the playoffs, and not to take anything away from the man, but that isn't a good thing. Grier needs to stay here, and if he has it in him, i'd like to see him play here for 2 more seasons.

I agree 100 percent--we know what we've got with Grier and he's a glue guy that seems to get Lindy's system. I wouldn't mind him being the captain too if Rivet isn't up to it. I took it as a good sign that he decided to come back, given his relationship with Drury, and a small sign that Buffalo is serious about winning.

Teams all have choices to make. Some work, some don't. This one is a no-brainer. Clearly, Grier made Buffalo better. Why would we let him go, if he wants to be here?

I agree 100 percent--we know what we've got with Grier and he's a glue guy that seems to get Lindy's system. I wouldn't mind him being the captain too if Rivet isn't up to it. I took it as a good sign that he decided to come back, given his relationship with Drury, and a small sign that Buffalo is serious about winning.

Teams all have choices to make. Some work, some don't. This one is a no-brainer. Clearly, Grier made Buffalo better. Why would we let him go, if he wants to be here?

I'm saying this in a non combative way, you apparently don't know what you get when it comes to Grier.

He's a 5 on 5 defensive liability, who fails to capitalize on prime scoring chances.

PK is all you'll get out of this player.

I was slow to realize why he is so valuable to a team like ours. Good thing I watched the playoffs. Not only do we desperately need his brand of work ethic and defensive skill, Mike Grier needs the "C" on his sweater next season.

I'd give him a 6 if this Poll had one.

Archived