Sabres sign Nick Crawford

tom webster

I'll give DR credit on this signing. Normally the Sabres drag their feet until the bitter end when a drafted player can become a FA if not signed(I know sometimes it is the fault of the agent). This time around, the signing was done a day or two after Crawford's team was eliminated.

I'll give DR credit on this signing. Normally the Sabres drag their feet until the bitter end when a drafted player can become a FA if not signed(I know sometimes it is the fault of the agent). This time around, the signing was done a day or two after Crawford's team was eliminated.

It seems like they've been a little more proactive on that front lately. Gerbe, Kennedy, and Butler were all signed after their junior years. Myers and Ennis were signed after one year in juniors. Then there was Adam signing maybe a month or so ago.

TW, I'd say that if even one more guy from that draft pans out, we're looking at a great draft for the team. Then again, that was a very deep draft, so they better do pretty well with the first two rounds. Now if a 6th rounder works out, that's great. As for the rest of the class, weren't they pretty high on Southorn after the rookie camp last year?

Archived