Angry, just angry

zow2

The refs cost us the game blah blah blah....

The Sabres have scored the 1st goal in all four games and lost the last three. Their regular season record when scoring first is awesome. What happened? The Sabres have led twice after 2 periods and LOST both games. How does that happen? They were unbeatable in the regular season when leading after two. Their lack of 3rd period scoring and powerless power play have destroyed them. Typical Sabres team that has no finishers except for the one guy that was cheap shotted in game #1 (Vanek). Boston won the series when that guy chopped Vanek's leg and crumpled on top of him.

As for Miller, the guy is phenomenal...he's the only reason the Sabres are even a #3 seed. However, gievn two 3rd period leads in the series, the All-World goalie must shut the door to deserve that reputation. We've seen other goalies over the years carry a team on their backs to the Stanley Cup. Miller has that penchant for giving up the goal at the worst time (ala Crosby for team Canada) even though he stands on his head for most of the game. Not blaming Miller, just in typical Buffalo mode....he's a superstar, but just not quite Super-enough to win the prize.

Technically, they had the lead after 2 periods in 3 of the 4 games and lost 2 of them. To me, that's an ominous sign given the results during the regular season.

And to think I was more worried about the second period last night...I was feeling good once the game got to the 3rd, given their recent second period struggles.

The refs cost us the game blah blah blah....

The Sabres have scored the 1st goal in all four games and lost the last three. Their regular season record when scoring first is awesome. What happened? The Sabres have led twice after 2 periods and LOST both games. How does that happen? They were unbeatable in the regular season when leading after two. Their lack of 3rd period scoring and powerless power play have destroyed them. Typical Sabres team that has no finishers except for the one guy that was cheap shotted in game #1 (Vanek). Boston won the series when that guy chopped Vanek's leg and crumpled on top of him.

As for Miller, the guy is phenomenal...he's the only reason the Sabres are even a #3 seed. However, gievn two 3rd period leads in the series, the All-World goalie must shut the door to deserve that reputation. We've seen other goalies over the years carry a team on their backs to the Stanley Cup. Miller has that penchant for giving up the goal at the worst time (ala Crosby for team Canada) even though he stands on his head for most of the game. Not blaming Miller, just in typical Buffalo mode....he's a superstar, but just not quite Super-enough to win the prize.

BINGO. Completely agree. This is one of the rare posts I've seen today that I agree with. This team has to have among the least "heart" of any team in the history of Buffalo sports, and we're blaming the Refs?

BINGO. Completely agree. This is one of the rare posts I've seen today that I agree with. This team has to have among the least "heart" of any team in the history of Buffalo sports, and we're blaming the Refs?

THIS. And sadly, much as I like the guy, Goose is no Messier:

""We're going in to win [tonight's] game," Sabres center Paul Gaustad said."

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/04/20/1025704/sabres-dont-want-to-be-left-wanting.html

We're going IN to win.

IN.

I realize he worded it in such a way that it was not a guarantee, but I think that is part of the problem -- no one willing (or confident enough) to step up and make it happen.

I realize he worded it in such a way that it was not a guarantee, but I think that is part of the problem -- no one willing (or confident enough) to step up and make it happen.

He didn't cleverly word it so that a guarantee wouldn't sound like a guarantee. He was probably asked about the team's mindset going into the game and he said they are going in to win the game. Their goal and purpose and focus are to win the game. Balls to the wall. One game at a time. yada yada yada

He didn't cleverly word it so that a guarantee wouldn't sound like a guarantee. He was probably asked about the team's mindset going into the game and he said they are going in to win the game. Their goal and purpose and focus are to win the game. Balls to the wall. One game at a time. yada yada yada

I'm not trying to make a semantical argument in saying he intentionally didn't make the guarantee -- I'm saying it is sad that the Sabres don't have someone LIKE Messier who would gladly make that statement and do whatever it takes to make sure it comes true. At any rate, the end result is still that they lost. :(

And that's exactly what happens 95% of the time when the media goes off about someone "guaranteeing victory". The whole thing makes me sick. Show me a guy who says "I don't think we'll win" and I'll show you a guy who will never enter the lineup again.

Archived