Game 1's unsung heroes and stars of the game

Claude Balls

For me the number one star was obviously Ryan Miller. I also thought Lydman played his best game in quite a long time. He got a little physical when he had too, not really a part of his game, but it was nice to see him turn it up a notch for the first playoff game. I also think Myers had a good showing in his first ever playoff game. Kaleta made his presence known, as well as Torres who can be real nasty when he wants too. You just knew if you saw him play with Edmonton years ago, that he would show up for the playoffs. Vanek had a very nice game too. I love how this team responded tonight when Boston thought they could just run over Buffalo with physical play. These guys did not back down. Let's hope they can keep it going, especially when the series heads to Boston.

I think I would name the stars, 3. Myers, 2. Vanek, 1. Miller

Unsung heroes - Kaleta, Lydman and Torres

I agree, Torres looked pretty damn good tonight. I think he's getting too much criticism for his lack of scoring. I'm not sure if he was traded to BFLO to add some scoring, but I think he is a good addition just for his physical presence I don't care how many goals he scores. I'd like to see BFLO hold on to him next year; with a couple more smaller guys possibly cracking the lineup next year it would help to have somebody like Torres to keep an eye out for them not to mention he's been a proven 15-25 goal scorer.

I agree, Torres looked pretty damn good tonight. I think he's getting too much criticism for his lack of scoring. I'm not sure if he was traded to BFLO to add some scoring, but I think he is a good addition just for his physical presence I don't care how many goals he scores. I'd like to see BFLO hold on to him next year; with a couple more smaller guys possibly cracking the lineup next year it would help to have somebody like Torres to keep an eye out for them not to mention he's been a proven 15-25 goal scorer.

stu barnes never scored a goal after we traded barna-baby for him...until the playoffs. then he just kept workinghis ###### off and the goals started coming. cross your fingers.

Archived