Is NBC brain dead?

PromoTheRobot

According to Yahoo the NBC national game is a completely meaningless contest between the Bruins and Caps. Meanwhile a virtual game 7 is happening between the Flyers and Rangers and they don't show it?? I know there is an Ovi man-crush but I didn't know NBC requires every game to have either Ovi or Crosby in it.

PTR

According to Yahoo the NBC national game is a completely meaningless contest between the Bruins and Caps. Meanwhile a virtual game 7 is happening between the Flyers and Rangers and they don't show it?? I know there is an Ovi man-crush but I didn't know NBC requires every game to have either Ovi or Crosby in it.

PTR

I am wondering the same thing. My best guess is that they don't have a flex option, but I can't be sure. If they do have the option, I have not idea what they're thinking. I think the Rangers vs Flyers game is being aired on the NHL network; maybe this is an NFL-like move designed to generate calls to cable companies?

I am wondering the same thing. My best guess is that they don't have a flex option, but I can't be sure. If they do have the option, I have not idea what they're thinking. I think the Rangers vs Flyers game is being aired on the NHL network; maybe this is an NFL-like move designed to generate calls to cable companies?

If that's the case then the NHL are the dummies. Why would they gut their national TV game to boost a cable channel only a small area is interested in?

PTR

I'm don't think this is quite as bit of a goof as it looks. The decision to carry this game at the noon time slot had to be made long before we knew the significance of the Flyers/Rangers game.

I thought that too, but why couldn't they move up the Flyers-Rangers game? Neither team played yesterday. (That would be a league decision, not NBC's, so I'm not sure that it's NBC's fault that the premier game is not on broadcast TV.)

PTR

myp2p.eu is a wonderful thing...

here is a link to the feed online:

rangers/flyers game online

Archived