What first round opponent would you prefer?

NowDoYouBelieve

Pick Your Poison  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to face?

Note: This poll assumes we win the division. If Ottawa ends up overtaking us, we'll almost definitely face either the Devils or Penguins.

In order (preferred to least): Phlyers, Bruins, Threshers, Habs.

The Habs scare me. I know the Sabres are 4-0-1 against them, but the Habs play 'em tough. I'd rather face Joisey.

From the best matchup perspective, I want Philly thanks to the goalie situation. From a completely greedy point of view, I want Boston because I haven't gone to a playoff game since '99.

I could go for Boston...their offense isn't exactly frightening. My one reservation is that Rask is one of the goalies capable of outdueling Miller.

I'm not sure i want to see the sabres go against the flyers cause when they will start to lose they will start to play dirty and i don't want to see conolly injure again or a cheap shot from carcillo on roy. Phily is just to vicious for me i prefer rangers they will be no stress they goalie is ok their attack is ok sometimes defense below ok but the best would be ottawa in the 1st round but it's not going to happen but it would a good test for them cause if they wouldn't be able to beat ottawa in the 1st round they would never be able to beat any team on the 2nd round

I'm staying away from Boston, because I don't want Rask to pull some rookie miracle. However, some of my best memories as a kid are the Buf/Bos playoff games, so I won't be sad to see them.

Atlanta can out skate us and playoff hockey shouldn't be in the South, so they're out.

I like Philly's goaltending situation and love beating them in the playoffs (I really hate them), but they've played us well this year, so I'm staying away from them considering that we have more options. Besides, I like playing Philly as the underdog.

Montreal would be ok, but winning in their building won't be as easy come playoff time.

That leaves the Rangers. I feel like we can out skate them and that their goalie isn't going to go all-world on us. To top it off, the television and news coverage would be great for that series. They have my vote!

As starting point, I'd say Philly or Boston; Philly because they have pretty bad goaltending and I don't know if they can count on Michael Leighton come playoffs. The Bruins are simply to weak offensively to be able to fully challenge us imo. Yeah, they have Rask, who's showing flashes of brilliance, but he's still very young and will inevitably make mistakes. Bergeron is the only real threat on their team and he isn't a natural goalscorer.

Archived