It's Official: MSG HD back for DirecTV

HurlyBurly51

Excellent! Thanks for the report.

Was it on in HD last night (for out of towners)? I watched that GD Tampa feed!

No. This only applies if the folks in Buffalo are getting the HD feed (for out-of-towners). MSG doesn't broadcast most road games in HD so it won't matter in those cases. But all the home games in HD, should now be available to you (and me).

Apparently Comcast isn't going to take the FCC's ruling lying down.

Linky

That link is dated 1/29/10 I wonder if that is the case they just lost? Some interesting comments form sports fan and non sports in the articles comments on how and why Comcast does this.

No. This only applies if the folks in Buffalo are getting the HD feed (for out-of-towners). MSG doesn't broadcast most road games in HD so it won't matter in those cases. But all the home games in HD, should now be available to you (and me).

Outstanding. Thanks. (However, I'll believe it when I see it.)

That link is dated 1/29/10 I wonder if that is the case they just lost? Some interesting comments form sports fan and non sports in the articles comments on how and why Comcast does this.

I didn't even think to look at the date. Maybe that is the case they just lost. I hope so...

Honestly, I feel the same way. I'll be nervous for the Canadiens game... more because of HD than because of the game. ;-)

It's already showing in HD on DTV's guide in the 770's. It didn't do that for any of the previous Montreal at Buffalo games this year. We NEVER get the HD feed from Canadian teams on CI, so this is a good sign for us!

It's already showing in HD on DTV's guide in the 770's. It didn't do that for any of the previous Montreal at Buffalo games this year. We NEVER get the HD feed from Canadian teams on CI, so this is a good sign for us!

Yeah. It's official. Some of the other MSG teams are already seeing games on NHL Center Ice and Wikipedia said that Bettman reported it was a done deal. RJ and Harry and HD. Great combo when the Sabres are at the HSBC. http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=151378&page=62.. Up here in Canada, my first test will be Tampa because the Habs and Sens games are on TSN HD.

Archived