Lindy's handling of Butler

LabattBlue

Instead of putting Butler back in last night, Lindy has now done a 180 on Butler and instead of playing him no matter how poorly he has playing, has reverted to keeping him in the press box despite his normal move of shuffling players after a loss.

Go figure. :blink:

Instead of putting Butler back in last night, Lindy has now done a 180 on Butler and instead of playing him no matter how poorly he has playing, has reverted to keeping him in the press box despite his normal move of shuffling players after a loss.

I think he is one of several underachievers:

I don't think it should be a surprise that the Sabres with the worst +/- are the slowest skaters that possess the worst puck handling skills: Butler, Montodor, Gaustad and Rivet. Torres joined the Sabres with a -6. Kennedy is the only exception (when it comes to speed), but he's playing with a bit of Afinogenov (chaotic) in him, which may explain his poor +/- status. Of this group I think Torres and Gaustad have the best upside.

I never understood why Butler played so much... he is one of the poorest scoring defensemen in the league with a -12 rating.

Ok Blue, you know I love you but how can you have a thread that starts "typical" Lindy and then post that he didn't do his "normal" move by bringing him back in?

They love Butler and he is here for the duaration. Keeping him on the bench just reinforces his message.

Ok Blue, you know I love you but how can you have a thread that starts "typical" Lindy and then post that he didn't do his "normal" move by bringing him back in?

They love Butler and he is here for the duaration. Keeping him on the bench just reinforces his message.

Good point. I will reword the title which didn't make much sense.

We'll see how long it lasts, but both Butler and Sekera have gotten this treatment and they're both the same age. Yeah, Sekera's got the extra two years of pro hockey under his belt, but it's a pretty similar situation with those two. Something has to give when you've got three of those "young guys who need ice time" on the NHL roster.

Butler oughta be able to handle getting benched for a few games. Sekera was the odd man out for a while but has played very well since the Olympics (and has been 2nd in ice time behind Myers in a number of recent games). I'd guess that when Butler gets back in he'll play with increased desperation and edge.

Archived