Sabres trade Noronen to Vancouver

GGM

yeah his -28 for $2.28 million would have been nice in Buffalo ... maybe they should have offered Briere ... come on, they don't need a forward ... when some defensemen start getting mioved who would really have helped the Sabres, i will get mad a Regier.

I agree completely with respect to Buffalo, but Carolina didn't get any weaker with the move, that's for sure.

the fact that jeff friesen could be had for the same 2nd round pick that we got for noronen is bothering... wether we want friesen here or not i think that at that price if the salary is right i think he could have made an impact.

Carolina is in need for help?

Using that logic weren't we after all of our players went down to injury?

We didn't do anything?

So we should have gone out and got a forward that we don't need just to make a move. Sound logic to me.

So occording to you the guy to go and get is a forward??????

I am talking Dman Dman Dman Dman!!!

I don't know we could have shipped Mika and a second for Gouthier he would be our 4 or 5th dman here

How do you know Phoenix wanted a goalie? Doesn't that make a difference? they took two picks and a forward prospect and somehow you assume they woudl have taken a goalie and one pick, and therefore Regier blew it ... it's not that simple.

We didn't do anything?

The difference is that we had time to wait a game or two and see how our call ups would respond to the playing time. They played well so there was no need for a trade. Carolina doesn't have the luxury of sitting back to see how the team responds.

We didn't do anything?

So we should have gone out and got a forward that we don't need just to make a move. Sound logic to me.

So occording to you the guy to go and get is a forward??????

I am talking Dman Dman Dman Dman!!!

Seems to me that when our players got injured we kept winning. If they started losing, I imagine we would have made a deal.

I appologize, I thought you were advocating that we get Recchi. Until a dman gets traded that would have really improved our blueline, we have to assume that he wasn't on the market for the right price.

How do you know Phoenix wanted a goalie? Doesn't that make a difference? they took two picks and a forward prospect and somehow you assume they woudl have taken a goalie and one pick, and therefore Regier blew it ... it's not that simple

Guy you do what it takes to get the deal done plain and simple

If they didnt want a goalie then trade for what they want.

Come on guys quiet arguing and thing about what i am saying you are missing the point all of the TV sports lines are saying buffalo is almost their they should do what it takes to win? Is a 1st round pick to much for us to sacrifice? Well edmonton gave up alot but they want to win. Sacrifing a hign first round pick isnt sacrificing our future if we get in return a DMAN DMAN DMAN tthat is here to stay plus we have a strong team to begin with sometimes it is a tough decision lets hope we make the right one

How do you know Phoenix wanted a goalie? Doesn't that make a difference? they took two picks and a forward prospect and somehow you assume they woudl have taken a goalie and one pick, and therefore Regier blew it ... it's not that simple

Guy you do what it takes to get the deal done plain and simple

If they didnt want a goalie then trade for what they want.

Come on guys quiet arguing and thing about what i am saying you are missing the point all of the TV sports lines are saying buffalo is almost their they should do what it takes to win? Is a 1st round pick to much for us to sacrifice? Well edmonton gave up alot but they want to win. Sacrifing a hign first round pick isnt sacrificing our future if we get in return a DMAN DMAN DMAN tthat is here to stay plus we have a strong team to begin with sometimes it is a tough decision lets hope we make the right one

Under each post there is a button that says quote. Please hit that when you want to post. It makes your posts much easier to read.

umm that is not really hockey relateld guy but i guess any input is okay, right?

But you are kinda getting away from hockey too there guy

Another dman to Vancouver!!!!!more insurance for DMEN !!!!!

Carney to Vancouver!!!

Where is our insureance DMAN that fits in with our team?????

Where are you Reiger?

Is Bob Corkum still available???? Seriously though.....not making a move does not = us not making a run at the cup....my only concern is at defense because Fitzy is just not cutting it, however, with Kalinin ready to come back I am very optimistic that his return to the lineup will help immensely...if no move is made, we will see tonight, on whether the current Sabres were happy or upset following the days festivities!

Damn, I seriously woulda loved a move like this!! For only those picks and a prospect. What happened??

VOORHEES, N.J. -- The Philadelphia Flyers bolstered their defense on Thursday, acquiring veteran Denis Gauthier from the Phoenix Coyotes hours before the trade deadline.

2006 SEASON STATISTICS

GM G A PTS +/- PIM

45 2.0 10.0 12.0 -4 61

The Flyers sent a pair of second-round picks in this year's NHL draft and minor leaguer Josh Gratton to Phoenix for the 29-year-old Gauthier. The hard-checking Gauthier adds depth along Philadelphia's blue line, which has been depleted by injuries

Last I heard that Cujo was gonna stay in Az. Also Philly gave up a lot more than we could or where willing to. Mika and a pick far less than what Philly gave up, which won't help philly either.

I don't think Phoenix would have wanted/needed Mika. What they could've done is send the 2nd from Vancouver plus one of our picks (2nd or 3rd) and a marginal prospect for Gauthier. Josh Gratton isn't exactly going to be a top 6 forward.

Carney to Vancouver is disappointing ... he WOULD have helped ... all i have seen for the price so far is a pick and TBA prospect ... so not sure exactly what they gave up yet ...

Carney and Gauthier were the two dmen I think really could've helped this team and we wouldn't have had to mortgage the future to bring them in. Too bad we couldn't pull it off, but I still think we're in damn good shape.

Archived