Sabres trade Noronen to Vancouver

GGM

From what I heard, don't expect anything more. Darcy is content with the team we have and he wanted a lot for Marty. If he didn't get a lot, he was simply going to trade Mika for a pick, which is what ended up happening. Lets just hope Ottawa or the Rangers don't improve their team too much.

Maybe he could have come down just a LITTLE. I guess they're hoping Kalinin will return to the form he's shown in the past. Seems a big gamble this late in the year. Would have still felt much better with a live body for Marty.

Anyone have any guesses where this 2nd round pick will be?

Guys... Guys... Guys.... We're in a good position.

We're playing well. Sure something would be NICE. But let's not forget, this team has won all season with what it has. in spite of injuries. We just traded away the only person that complained AND instead of him sitting getting rust, he gets to move on, we get a pick. I am happy. The sabres, you can bet, are happy.

I mean really, say we traded for someone, really awesome deal, and they didn't work out, you all would hate Regier for that anyway and would say we should just traded Mika for a pick. Not screw with #%^$#!.

God, so fickle.

We have a good thing here.

I don't think not making a move hurts us.....i think you'll see the team play with a ton of heart knowing that their going to dance with everyone who got them here. A top DMAN would have been a great addition, but although Kalinin has been disappointing this year he was penciled in as our #1 Dman at the start of the season. That tells you about the kind of play this guy is capable of bringing to the table. Insurance on the blue line would have been good, but if Kalinin kicks it in gear back there we'll be fine. Connolly should be back tonight as well so you send Drury to the wing except on faceoffs and put Connoly in between Drury and Kotalik. Great line right there. Let Grier muck it up with Gaustaud and Grier will do his thing on the PK and all will be right with the boys.

although Kalinin has been disappointing this year he was penciled in as our #1 Dman at the start of the season. That tells you about the kind of play this guy is capable of bringing to the table. Insurance on the blue line would have been good, but if Kalinin kicks it in gear back there we'll be fine.

That's a big if at this point. Ruff and Co. have been waiting to see it all year. I hope it happens when he comes back, but I'm not holding my breath for it.....

Archived