[OT] DIRECTV Customers Unite!

richnjoisy

Direc TV can bight me..I am so sick of their crap. I paid over 130 dollars a month and have had nfl, nhl and sports package for big ten network for 9 years. they treated me like crap, they dont care about their customers and are crap.

I dropped them earlier this year...switched to cable and they did not even care..now I watch the bills at my bar buffalo city in tampa...the sabres on the interent and get versus and nfl network for free...###### them I will never go back

plus my hd is free and I get phone, tv and internet for the same price I paid for just tv

Fine, you deal with your situation (being held hostage in a sham "contract") as you wish. I chose to make my case vociferously & in doing so got all my CI $$ refunded, 100%.

If they had not refunded, I would have walked, plain & simple.

uote name='Ohiofan' date='21 February 2010 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1266789755' post='191106']

But...part of Center Ice is NOT being withheld. Versus is not part of Center Ice at all...it is a separate channel, just like Lifetime or The Golf Channel. So technically, we are getting what we paid for as far as Center Ice goes.

Direct TV dropped a channel off of a tier. They do that all the time. They add and drop channels ALL THE TIME. Now if they dropped Center Ice after we paid for it, then we'd have a beef. But Versus is just part of a basic package. Two different things.

As far as a contract goes, it comes with your first bill. By using the service (ie: watching tv) you accept the terms and conditiond thereof. The contract is usually 18 months, if you add DVR or HD it's 24 months. And yes, anyone can cancel at any time. It's just a matter of the fees they charge when you do. There's an "early termination" fee, and there's a "disconnect fee". You are charged both if you rent the equipment from them. If you own your own equipment, you still have the "disconnect fee".

I got my DirecTV bill today and two PPV movies from 2006 were on it! When they took my old receiver back after I got a DVR receiver, they scanned it and discovered the orders. I hadn't been billed because for some reason the installer didn't hook up a phone line to it. Not my fault. Too bad, so sad DTV. I asked that the charges be taken off ("bank error"), but the rep balked. That's when I said the magic words, "Retention, please."

My second time talking to them. I said I was sick of the billing errors (they keep charging me for the free DVR service they gave me for complaining about Versus the first time) and still upset about no Versus. Then I said the other magic words, "switching and Dish and network."

So the retention rep -- a fan of the Idaho Steelheads, once coached by Clint Malarchuk! -- took the movie charges off, cleared up the bill, gave me 10 bucks off a month for the next year and offered me some kind of NCAA basketball package for free, which I declined.

Free Center Ice, free DVR for a year, 10 bucks off a month... the moral of the story is to call, get retention on the blower and go to town. I'm not assertive at all, so others could probably do even better.

By the way, she recommended sending letters to the president of the company re: Versus. She said he pays attention. I said he ought to be paying attention to all of the revenue being lost to complaining hockey fans. FWIW, she said she thought something was going to happen shortly on the Versus front. Fingers crossed.

I got my DirecTV bill today and two PPV movies from 2006 were on it! When they took my old receiver back after I got a DVR receiver, they scanned it and discovered the orders. I hadn't been billed because for some reason the installer didn't hook up a phone line to it. Not my fault. Too bad, so sad DTV. I asked that the charges be taken off ("bank error"), but the rep balked. That's when I said the magic words, "Retention, please."

My second time talking to them. I said I was sick of the billing errors (they keep charging me for the free DVR service they gave me for complaining about Versus the first time) and still upset about no Versus. Then I said the other magic words, "switching and Dish and network."

So the retention rep -- a fan of the Idaho Steelheads, once coached by Clint Malarchuk! -- took the movie charges off, cleared up the bill, gave me 10 bucks off a month for the next year and offered me some kind of NCAA basketball package for free, which I declined.

Free Center Ice, free DVR for a year, 10 bucks off a month... the moral of the story is to call, get retention on the blower and go to town. I'm not assertive at all, so others could probably do even better.

By the way, she recommended sending letters to the president of the company re: Versus. She said he pays attention. I said he ought to be paying attention to all of the revenue being lost to complaining hockey fans. FWIW, she said she thought something was going to happen shortly on the Versus front. Fingers crossed.

I have been working this for a couple of weeks now. I have been a DirecTV subscriber for 15 years. I have written several complaint letters and spoken with customer service to no avail. Today in response to a letter I sent to the Office of the President i received a call back from the "customer service advocate team". We apologize, best interest of our customers, blah, blah ... I have told them numerous times now I intend to cancel if not resolved, or if some accomodation is not made to afford me the opportunity to obtain secondary service for the playoffs. Other than apologies, no interest in retention has been shown. Perhaps when I actually do call and cancel at the end of the month they will do something. As of now, I am planning to cancel at the end of March and convert to cable. ###### DirecTV.

Archived