Luke Adam had a solid world junior tourament with limited ice time!

SabresBillsFan

I'm impressed by Luke Adam. Made the team as a fourth liner and continued to impress with limited ice time. Had 8 points in the tourament 4 goals and 4 assists. Only sabre prospect in the tourament. It would be very nice to see some kids drafted by Buffalo in the 2010 draft that can make this team for next year's tourament especially since the hometown fans can see them. What does everyone else think of Luke Adam?

Didn't see the tourney but you win the albeit premature longest thread title of the year award.

Being from Canada I watched every Canadian game and the guy looked good in limited time. He's tough too which kind of surprised me. My thoughts were that he was great down low along the boards and could put the puck in the net. Just based on this tournament, he kind of reminded me of a Gaustad type player who hopefully has more upside.

Hopefully a LOT more upside. We need scoring line forwards not more 3rd and 4th liners.

He did have four goals in the tourney, granted he got two goals in the first game when Canada beat Latvia 14 or 16 to nothing or some rediculous score. Basically everyone scored two goals in that one haha. It's funny what one year can do though. If I said that we had a gritty player that plays hard along the boards in any of the past ten seasons than people would love this idea. Now the Sabres appear to truely be different than past years, the Briere's, Kotalik's and Afinagenov's of the world are gone and the team is playing physically tough. It's still nice knowing that Buffalo always seems to have an endless talent pool waiting to come up.

I was really impressed with Luke Adam as well. He was good at face offs. Seemed real strong on driving to the net. In fact he was one of the few Canadians willing to stand in front of the net and screen the goalie. I also noticed that he was good defensively. His line was out for the last minute of play in the period and at the end of the games.

He will most likely play in the American league next year but I would guess that he will get a chance with the Sabres in the first year.

Archived