USA Picks

Hawk

Could TM be a surprise pick for USA? Why Not? His age should be ignored. He is playing at a level 3 yrs ahead of his age. Is a plus 7 in a very offensive conference. Is 4th on team in scoring. Great story angle. Team that won in 80, won gold with young guys. Canada surprised a lot of people with the players they left off. Could he make it?? Hoping so! :D

Could TM be a surprise pick for USA. Why Not? His age should be ignored. He is playing at a level 3 yrs ahead of his age. Is a plus 7 in a very offensive conference. Is 4th on team in scoring. Great story angle. Teams that won in 80, won gold with young guys. Canada surprised a lot of people with the players they left off. Could he make it?? Hoping so! :D

I actually hope not. He's having enough thrown at him already just getting use to the NHL. We need him to play well down the stretch and he has probably never played this much hockey in his life already, so he should just chill in Buffalo during the olympics

He's already said he would play for Canada, since that's where he actually started playing real hockey. He also played for Canada at the World Juniors last year. We should be thankful that he did, because that's where he grew confident that he could play with the best in the world, and look where he is now.

I actually hope not. He's having enough thrown at him already just getting use to the NHL. We need him to play well down the stretch and he has probably never played this much hockey in his life already, so he should just chill in Buffalo during the olympics

Good Points. But he is young and strong. I dont see him wearing down just because he plays a few extra games. The high level of play, I think would actually get him acclimated to the intense play and pressure of the Cup playoffs.

He's already said he would play for Canada, since that's where he actually started playing real hockey. He also played for Canada at the World Juniors last year. We should be thankful that he did, because that's where he grew confident that he could play with the best in the world, and look where he is now.

Does he have dual citizenship??

Edit: Forgot he played for Canada, but he could still play for USA

My read of the IIHF player eligibility rules is that Tyler Myers would not be eligible to play for the USA Olympic Team due to him playing for Team Canada at the IIHF-sanctioned World Juniors in 2008-09.

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-championship/home/iihf-eligibility.html

A requirement to "change national eligibility" includes not playing for the previous country in an-IIHF competition for a four-year period. Therefore, Myers will only eligible to represent Canada for some time.

My read of the IIHF player eligibility rules is that Tyler Myers would not be eligible to play for the USA Olympic Team due to him playing for Team Canada at the IIHF-sanctioned World Juniors in 2008-09.

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-championship/home/iihf-eligibility.html

A requirement to "change national eligibility" includes not playing for the previous country in an-IIHF competition for a four-year period. Therefore, Myers will only eligible to represent Canada for some time.

Guess we will have to settle for him holding Lord Stanley to the rafters (literally) for the Sabres. :thumbsup:

he's already said that he's committed to playing for canada, as he feels he wouldn't be where he is if he had stayed in the states.

honestly, i'm almost happy he'll play for canada. I'm not huge into the international competition thing, and if he makes it to team canada, its alot more prestigous than playing for the US, in hockey anyways.

Myers, I believe, was on Team Canada's radar but just fell a bit short on being selected.

He will be a mainstay on Canada's future teams, hopefully!!! And of course, the Sabres need to lock him for as long as they can, when they get the chance. Build this team around him and Miller.

Archived