Remember when...

shrader

The whole night: Cosby, Keatons, Cheers, Night Court, Hill Street, $ pitchers downtown. Gotta admit, sometimes the pitchers were calling too loudly to watch Frankie and his crew.

I miss all of those shows, but my favorite was Night Court. The writers on that show had my sense of humor nailed. I would bust a gut at least once every episode. The show had many guest stars that went on to have more success on other shows (Teri Hatcher, Fran Drescher). There was one that I found out about much later and actually had to go back and watch an episode to be sure of....the actor who played the hillbilly Bob Wheeler was - Brent Spiner (Data on Star Trek: the Next Generation)!! I guess I just never made the connection..

I miss all of those shows, but my favorite was Night Court. The writers on that show had my sense of humor nailed. I would bust a gut at least once every episode. The show had many guest stars that went on to have more success on other shows (Teri Hatcher, Fran Drescher). There was one that I found out about much later and actually had to go back and watch an episode to be sure of....the actor who played the hillbilly Bob Wheeler was - Brent Spiner (Data on Star Trek: the Next Generation)!! I guess I just never made the connection..

I like how watching pretty much any good show that aired 15+ years ago turns into a who's who of big stars just breaking into the business as an extra.

Archived