Sabres are at a crossroads

zow2

No eastern conference team has made it to the conference finals more than the Sabres have in Lindy's time as head coach here. That maybe is what makes him a "sacred cow."

But they've only made it to the Cup finals once. THAT is my point. You have to get to the Cup finals to actually win the thing. The Devils have been to the FINALS twice and won it once in Lindy's time. Oh! With different coaches! Imagine that!!

And no, I have never said Lindy is a bad coach. It's just that familiarity breeds contempt. We've tried different team captains, different goalies, different players (although there is still core of familiar faces) yet we can't seem to get "over the top". And for all of the times Lindy has taken the team to the ECF, there are a couple of seasons of missing the playoffs. It all depends on your point of view. As I said, if you can't change the team personnel, maybe a different personality behind the bench is the key.

Maybe he's just sick of having to say it, but I'm sure old man PA hasn't mentioned it already. Those 5 seasons where he missed the playoffs can't be ignored when mentioned how many times they've been to the conference finals.

Well said, minion. Now draw me my bath. My fissures are acting up.

Maybe he's just sick of having to say it, but I'm sure old man PA hasn't mentioned it already. Those 5 seasons where he missed the playoffs can't be ignored when mentioned how many times they've been to the conference finals.

Well said, minion. Now draw me my bath. My fissures are acting up.

ewww!!! I didn't realize you had a minion...

Archived