I really like what I've seen

gregkash

I'm sure you guys have noticed this too, but I really like the vibe I'm getting from the team this year. I liken it to a mixture between the 97 team and 05 team. Hard working, very skilled, fast, but playing with an edge this year. Of course Myers has been great, no one needs me to go into that. I think the difference between Jochen Hecht on wing and center is so dramatic. Please tell me someone else notices this too. When he plays the wing, he is solid. When he plays center, he's terrible, but i feel that line, kennedy hecht and grier has been our best line. They've contributed and every time they're on the ice it just feels like we're in control of the game. Miller of course has played out of his mind, very solid.

The Achilles heal in mine and hopefully others opinion is Lalime. The schedule gets really compressed soon, we won't have these layoffs and Miller's only going to play 60-65 games.. that's around 20 games for Lalime.. if he could win half of those we probably would be in great shape, but I don't think he's good enough to win half of those games. He just lets in too many weak goals. And I don't think this is the same team that can win 5-4 on a regular basis.

I hope Darcy is actively looking for a backup.. I think by midseason Biron will be available. If there's no one better he is ideal just cuz he's familiar with the team, popular with the fans, has a very manageable contract that expires this year, so there won't be any worry about locking into anything. He's shown the capability to win us games, so if not someone else, then him.

I feel like if we get someone who can win 10 of those 20 games, we're going to be sitting pretty come playoff time.

opinions welcome.

I'm sure you guys have noticed this too, but I really like the vibe I'm getting from the team this year. I liken it to a mixture between the 97 team and 05 team. Hard working, very skilled, fast, but playing with an edge this year. Of course Myers has been great, no one needs me to go into that. I think the difference between Jochen Hecht on wing and center is so dramatic. Please tell me someone else notices this too. When he plays the wing, he is solid. When he plays center, he's terrible, but i feel that line, kennedy hecht and grier has been our best line. They've contributed and every time they're on the ice it just feels like we're in control of the game. Miller of course has played out of his mind, very solid.

The Achilles heal in mine and hopefully others opinion is Lalime. The schedule gets really compressed soon, we won't have these layoffs and Miller's only going to play 60-65 games.. that's around 20 games for Lalime.. if he could win half of those we probably would be in great shape, but I don't think he's good enough to win half of those games. He just lets in too many weak goals. And I don't think this is the same team that can win 5-4 on a regular basis.

I hope Darcy is actively looking for a backup.. I think by midseason Biron will be available. If there's no one better he is ideal just cuz he's familiar with the team, popular with the fans, has a very manageable contract that expires this year, so there won't be any worry about locking into anything. He's shown the capability to win us games, so if not someone else, then him.

I feel like if we get someone who can win 10 of those 20 games, we're going to be sitting pretty come playoff time.

opinions welcome.

Agreed. One thing though, I thought I read an article where Hecht said he didn't like playing wing and that's why he has struggled the last couple seasons. He said he was going to be playing center this year and that was his natural position. Or maybe I'm flipflopping what he said, I don't remember now. Either way, he definitely has been playing better and we really need a better backup. Alot of teams have backups that push the starter for playing time, and can come in and shutout or win a game for a team, Lalime needs to step up.

Agreed. One thing though, I thought I read an article where Hecht said he didn't like playing wing and that's why he has struggled the last couple seasons. He said he was going to be playing center this year and that was his natural position. Or maybe I'm flipflopping what he said, I don't remember now. Either way, he definitely has been playing better and we really need a better backup. Alot of teams have backups that push the starter for playing time, and can come in and shutout or win a game for a team, Lalime needs to step up.

You're flip flopping them (according to spell check. Need to watch out for the grammar Nazis). He's a natural winger moved to center and now back, but yea, he is playing much better already.

While I'm in no way sold on Lalime, he stopped 90% of all shots fired on him last year.

I know numbers only say so much, but you can't really expect more from your backup.

If a deal gets done for a goalie, it won't be until trade deadline time.

Lalime isn't as terrible as everyone makes him out to be. If he played on a regular basis, he can play well enough to win games.

I call this the Ty Conklin effect... When he played for the Sabres, his start every 20 days or so made him look flat out awful. When he was in the Pitt goal full time, he looked like a stud. The Sabres do need to adjust their play in front of him though. He seems particularly vulnerable to high and left (shooter's right).

I call this the Ty Conklin effect... When he played for the Sabres, his start every 20 days or so made him look flat out awful. When he was in the Pitt goal full time, he looked like a stud. The Sabres do need to adjust their play in front of him though. He seems particularly vulnerable to high and left (shooter's right).

The fact that he's better when playing more games in a row doesn't really help me cuz that's just not going to happen. We need a goalie that can step in on a night and win a game, sit 7 games then win another. Lalime will probably start tonight, We'll see how he does. I just don't think he's a guy we can trust in net. Too many "easy" (i realize no shot is really easy) goals get by him.

You're flip flopping them (according to spell check. Need to watch out for the grammar Nazis). He's a natural winger moved to center and now back, but yea, he is playing much better already.

Well eyther weigh I think Lindy Rough is gonna make the write decishion and play Yochen in the write spot thats best for the teem.. :nana:

Archived