Towering Myers quickly catching onto NHL game

Two or less

I've been more impressed with Myers so far than I thought I would be this season. Sure the kid makes a mistake now and then, like tonight's turnover where Tallinder bailed him out. But for the most part he's been very solid and relaxed. In fact, he almost looks too comfortable out there at times. He has a knack for being able to move the puck with players desperately trying to check him, but he practically plays over their heads. And I really like his penchant for taking some responsibility and legging it out of the zone when the opportunity arises. He skates down the ice so gracefully you half expect that he's whistling a little Chuck Mangione tune to himself.

I just hope he can keep it up, because boy does he look good out there.

I've been more impressed with Myers so far than I thought I would be this season. Sure the kid makes a mistake now and then, like tonight's turnover where Tallinder bailed him out. But for the most part he's been very solid and relaxed. In fact, he almost looks too comfortable out there at times. He has a knack for being able to move the puck with players desperately trying to check him, but he practically plays over their heads. And I really like his penchant for taking some responsibility and legging it out of the zone when the opportunity arises. He skates down the ice so gracefully you half expect that he's whistling a little Chuck Mangione tune to himself.

I just hope he can keep it up, because boy does he look good out there.

I completely agree. He looks great breaking out of the zone. Last night I found myself wondering "what-if" Myers had grown up playing forward instead of defense? I couldn't imagine anyone taking him out in front of the net, or a defensemen want to dig a puck out of the corner when he comes charging in.

Never say never when it comes to DR, LQ & OSP.

At 6-8 222lbs the 19 years old Tyler Myers skates like a much smaller man and I just can't get over how mature he seems to be on the ice considering the short amount of time he has spent in the NHL. WOW!!!

WOW again!!! ( I really like this fella)

Archived