Pirates in search of a new play-by-play

wildcat48

Jeez, I wonder if any of the motor fingers here have a motor mouth and would be interested.... I would suspect so.... hockey knowledge shouldn't be an issue. Portland is a nice small town and close to the LL Bean factory story and not far from Boston. Might be an opportunity for some out of work Buffalonian. Too bad about Glynn's back.

I'd give it some thought if I wouldn't be taking a pay cut.

Thinking about it though, it would be a lot of fun. I grew up in the Ted Darling, Paul Weiland... and now Gilbert Perrault is winding it up in his own zone he dekes by one at center ice and wow he just split the defense....The goalie had no chance... Or there goes Don Luce on a breakaway fed by Craig Ramsey... he dekes and shoots at a wide open net and ???? he missed the net. Shoeney just drilled a guy in the corner and now Korab is squaring off with Dave Schultz, here they go.

More on the departure of Greg Glynn?

July 24, 2009

Portland, ME ? It was quite a shock yesterday to learn that Portland Pirates Vice President of Communications Greg Glynn had resigned from his duties with the club, effective at the end of the July.

Glynn, who had been with the Pirates for the past six years, decided to leave the booth due to health issues regarding his back, and a chance move into a new career with Nancy Marshal Communications, a public relations firm located in Augusta.

Read the rest of this entry ?

Vice President of Communications = the announcer? :huh: Gotta get me one of those fancy titles. :)

The rest of the article explained that he had other jobs like marketing and organizing media things. It sounded like one of those positions where he did a little of everything.

The rest of the article explained that he had other jobs like marketing and organizing media things. It sounded like one of those positions where he did a little of everything.

After reading about his bad back I kinda got bored of the article.

That's how it is in minor league professional sports. Most guys wear several different hats, and almost everyone in the FO sells tickets at one time or another - even the radio guys.

Archived