Foligno will make the Sabres this year!

inkman

Linky

When the Sabres come up against the Senators this year, there?s bound to be some sibling rivalry playing itself out on the ice.

I'm all for hoping this kid makes it sooner rather than later but I think Laurel Myers is being a bit presumptuous about Foligno playing for the Sabres this year. It's all but guaranteed he plays another year of junior (if eligible) or logs some serious AHL time. Not really sure what he (?) was thinking.

Marcus spent the first years of his life in the city, as his father finished a 10-year stretch playing for the Buffalo team.

He may have spent the first years of his life in Buffalo, but it wasn't while his father was finishing a 10-year stretch playing for Buffalo. Mike Foligno went to Toronto during the 1990-91 season (i.e., before April 1991), but Marcus was born in August of 1991. Nick, on the other hand, was born in October of 1987, so he was here while his dad played in Buffalo.

I think Marcus will be a very good fourth liner, maybe even third liner, in a couple of years, but I don't see it happening this year or, likely, even next year. As a side note, I wouldn't mind getting Nick here, too.

He may have spent the first years of his life in Buffalo, but it wasn't while his father was finishing a 10-year stretch playing for Buffalo. Mike Foligno went to Toronto during the 1990-91 season (i.e., before April 1991), but Marcus was born in August of 1991. Nick, on the other hand, was born in October of 1987, so he was here while his dad played in Buffalo.

Alumni games, NHL games. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Archived