Sabres extend qualifying offers

wildcat48

Sabres extend qualifying offers

June 30, 2009

Portland, ME ? With the NHL Draft out of the way, the Buffalo Sabres can now focus on July 1, which begins the opening of free agency. However, the Sabres had some internal housekeeping to take care of first by extending qualifying offers to several of their restricted free agents, among them are a couple who played for the Portland Pirates, Buffalo?s AHL affiliate.

Among the group that received an offer was defenseman Andrej Sekera, forwards Drew Stafford, Clarke MacArthur, Patrick Kaleta and former Pirates? Mark Mancari and Marek Zagrapan.

Read the rest of this entry ?

So what does this mean in terms of Zagrapan? We still have his rights, but the KHL is paying him?

I believe that he is our property if he plays in the NHL and he can't play for another team in the NHL, however I am sure one of the heavy CBA hitters around here can give you more details.

So what does this mean in terms of Zagrapan? We still have his rights, but the KHL is paying him?

They retained his rights should he come back to the NHL. It didn't cost them a thing so it was a no-brainer move. If he comes back, he's still a RFA with Buffalo.

How does this team become better by pursuing,and wasting money on Mc Carthur? Furthermore,why even waste the roster spot?

Yeah, that ~$600k qualifying offer to MacArthur is really killing the Sabres. :rolleyes:

They retained his rights should he come back to the NHL. It didn't cost them a thing so it was a no-brainer move. If he comes back, he's still a RFA with Buffalo.

Yeah, that ~$600k qualifying offer to MacArthur is really killing the Sabres. :rolleyes:

Let's hope the arbitrator doesn't think he is worth much more then that.

Regardless of the salary,i feel he is a lost cause on a team with enough mediocre talent.

If they hadn't given him a qualifying offer there would be complaints about that too.

Complaints here? Never. People would find a way to complain if the team won the cup. "What, they took the series 4-1? It should've been a sweep. They also shouldn't have allowed that one goal over the course of the series."

Complaints here? Never. People would find a way to complain if the team won the cup. "What, they took the series 4-1? It should've been a sweep. They also shouldn't have allowed that one goal over the course of the series."

Does complaining about the complainers count?

Speaking of extending offers...

We, Buffalo Sports fans, should officially extend an offer to A-Rod (Andy Roddick) to come to the Queen City to comiserate over his loss today at Wimbledon.

We should all know how he feels after losing that one today. We've lived that sh*t. Amazing.

He is one of us now.

He earned that distinction today, with his heartbraking loss to the Greatest-Of-All-Time.

God Bless him.

He played his balls off.

It may have been the greatest match I've ever seen him play.

He was devastated.

At the end, Federer didn't even look like he broke a sweat. He is the ultimate cool cucumber. Like Brady. Poised. Unflappable...Just Great.

Archived