* Toronto - 4.7 per cent.

* Dallas - 3.6 per cent.

* Ottawa - 2.7 per cent.

* Edmonton - 2.1 per cent.

* Nashville - 1.5 per cent.

* Minnesota - 1.1 per cent.

* Buffalo - 0.8 per cent.

* Florida - 0.5 per cent.

Buffalo can go as high as #9 (I think) Teams can jump up to four slots.

The Tavares Sweeps

* New York Islanders - 25.0 per cent.

* Tampa Bay - 18.8 per cent.

* Colorado - 14.2 per cent.

* Atlanta - 10.7 per cent.

* Los Angeles - 8.1 per cent.

* Phoenix - 6.2 per cent.

* Dallas - 3.6 per cent.

* Ottawa - 2.7 per cent.

As far as I could tell the order didn't change....Buffalo picks at 13.

As far as I could tell the order didn't change....Buffalo picks at 13.

As usual, NHL.com is stuffed with flashy nonsense, but when I try to get to the content, I get to more flashy nonsense. TSN's draft order page as of this posting has teams in point order; unless there was a completely coincidental (and statistically improbable, but I'll leave that to Carp) draw, I don't think that can be right, either. (That goes beyond the Sabs at 13, by the way; every team still is ranked in point order on that site.)

As usual, NHL.com is stuffed with flashy nonsense, but when I try to get to the content, I get to more flashy nonsense. TSN's draft order page as of this posting has teams in point order; unless there was a completely coincidental (and statistically improbable, but I'll leave that to Carp) draw, I don't think that can be right, either. (That goes beyond the Sabs at 13, by the way; every team still is ranked in point order on that site.)

It's not that unlikely, I think: if the Islanders win the lottery, nothing chnage.s

It's not that unlikely, I think: if the Islanders win the lottery, nothing chnage.s

The Islanders winning the lottery is not unlikely. The other 13 teams not changing position, that is unlikely. And on EDIT: NHL.com has taken a break from trying to show me video that I don't need, and has in fact posted results. They are exactly as X. Benedict listed. They are completely in point order (without regard to tie breakers, because I'm not working that hard).

Sabs pick 13th, again, as X. Benedict said. No wonder they elected him X. Pope.

The Islanders winning the lottery is not unlikely. The other 13 teams not changing position, that is unlikely.

But only one team wins the lottery, and they move up to four spots higher in the draft. The other teams only change (I think) to get behind the riser. So if the worst team wins the lottery, they don't change, and since nobody's passing them, none of the other teams change either.

You'd think that they should have a lottery for each pick, but the whole thing is just a one off to make sure that tanking the season doesn't guarantee you the #1 overall pick. If thy get it anyway, the whole thing's irrelevant.

Honestly, I don't know why they don't just give it up and go in inverse order of points, like in the NFL.

But only one team wins the lottery, and they move up to four spots higher in the draft. The other teams only change (I think) to get behind the riser. So if the worst team wins the lottery, they don't change, and since nobody's passing them, none of the other teams change either.

You'd think that they should have a lottery for each pick, but the whole thing is just a one off to make sure that tanking the season doesn't guarantee you the #1 overall pick. If thy get it anyway, the whole thing's irrelevant.

Honestly, I don't know why they don't just give it up and go in inverse order of points, like in the NFL.

Seriously, is that the way they do it? I really thought there was a draw for each of the lottery picks. I don't follow the NBA anymore, but I know that's the way it used to be in that league, and so I figured Bettman simply applied the same system as that of his alma mater.

If they only draw for the first pick, that's really bizarre.

The Tavares Sweeps

* New York Islanders - 25.0 per cent.

* Tampa Bay - 18.8 per cent.

* Colorado - 14.2 per cent.

* Atlanta - 10.7 per cent.

* Los Angeles - 8.1 per cent.

* Phoenix - 6.2 per cent.

* Dallas - 3.6 per cent.

* Ottawa - 2.7 per cent.

About the same chance as Buffalo had making the playoffs the last two weeks of the season. :thumbsup:

greetings from europe folks!

anyways, sabres won't draft a under sized player. this draft is loaded with big players. i cant wait til i see where we will be picking from tomorrow morning. no way will we pick a under sized player. even if they get 9th though, scheen or kane won't be there. but oh well, still tons of talent available at that position. this draft is deep!

Archived