The official "Don't Trade Marty" thread.

Eleven

actually it was a choice between dwayne rolson and marty biron... i believe biron got that start and played fabulous... so yes there was a choice and yes im pretty sure we did care because that game could have turned the tied in the series... so we were all pretty worried, but then again why dwell on past happening when this year is just so awsome...

What exactly are you referring to here? If its Todd Kaz's reference to Roloson in the 99 playoffs, then youre wrong. Roloson played game 1 and we won. Biron got no action in that stanley cup run.

Reading this entire thread is absolutely maddening. Plus, I think I might actually agree with Todd Spaz.

Brodeur, Roy, Hasek, Belfour, etc... Who were their backups when they won the cup? Does anyone know? Does anyone care? The only goaltending tandem in recent memory to do damage in the playoffs was the Wild's combo of Roloson and Fernandez in 2003. Marty and Mika can be equally stellar yet incredibly shaky at times. In the games that Mika played, he only played real bad in that stinker in which the Sabres looked as if they were skating in sand (5-0 to SJ). Marty to my surprise has been excellent this year. Because of this, trade him NOW! He has trade value and will bring back more in return. Mika is a former #1 pick, has great numbers everywhere he's been where he's gotten a chance to play...and had about the same numbers in Rochester as Miller did. The guy is going to start somewhere if ever given the chance. The numbers game in Buffalo has never been kind to him. I had no clue why they were drafting him with that pick in 97 when we had, at that time, Hasek, Shields, and Biron in the fold.

We have a surplus at goaltender. Biron isn't playing anyway so trade him and get something back that can help us out.

for the guy mentioning Biron in net against the leafs....Well you are wrong it was Roloson so what was the point you made again???

For the guy mentioning Fuhr and Moog together here you go!

1987-88 Edmonton Oilers NHL 75 0 8 16 4304 246 5 4 3.43 40 24 9 1815 0.881 19 0 1 6

75 games played buddy.

It looks like i think i do know what i am talking about.

One man in net brings you to the promise lane. No mistakes no looking over the shoulder.

And guys I always know what i am talking about It's just having to take it down a notch for you simpletons.

ELEVEN GP

1987-88 Edmonton Oilers NHL 75 0 8 16 4304 246 5 4 3.43 40 24 9 1815 0.881 19 0 1 6

get the picture now

SABRE61

it was Roloson that played when Hasek when down against the leafs in warm up.

So what was your point about biron saving us that night??

It is okay your Silence is appology enough.

Oh and to throw another reason in the mix do you want Miller looking over his shoulder if he has a few bad games??

one last thing

weren't we all calling for his head 2 years ago? All his soft goals?

We have a chance to sucker people into believing he is a #1 goalie.

Watch him dissapear in a few years.

1995-96 BUF 3 0 2 0 0 10 5.04 0 64 54 .844

1998-99 BUF 6 1 2 1 0 10 2.14 0 120 110 .917

1999-00 BUF 41 19 18 2 0 90 2.42 5 988 898 .909

2000-01 BUF 18 7 7 1 0 39 2.55 2 427 388 .909

2001-02 BUF 72 31 28 10 0 151 2.22 4 1781 1630 .915

2002-03 BUF 54 17 28 6 0 135 2.56 4 1468 1333 .908

2003-04 BUF 52 26 18 5 0 125 2.52 2 1442 1317 .913

2005-06 BUF 27 16 6 0 3 75 2.94 0 783 708 .904

Totals: 273 117 109 25 3 635 2.49 17 7073 6438 .91

8 games over 500 for a career isn't the guy I want behind me. heck Miller is already Double that!!

for the guy mentioning Biron in net against the leafs....Well you are wrong it was Roloson so what was the point you made again???

75 games played buddy.

One man in net brings you to the promise lane. No mistakes no looking over the shoulder.

And guys I always know what i am talking about It's just having to take it down a notch for you simpletons.

ELEVEN GP

get the picture now

SABRE61

it was Roloson that played when Hasek when down against the leafs in warm up.

So what was your point about biron saving us that night??

It is okay your Silence is appology enough.

Oh and to throw another reason in the mix do you want Miller looking over his shoulder if he has a few bad games??

one last thing

weren't we all calling for his head 2 years ago? All his soft goals?

We have a chance to sucker people into believing he is a #1 goalie.

Watch him dissapear in a few years.

1995-96 BUF 3 0 2 0 0 10 5.04 0 64 54 .844

1998-99 BUF 6 1 2 1 0 10 2.14 0 120 110 .917

1999-00 BUF 41 19 18 2 0 90 2.42 5 988 898 .909

2000-01 BUF 18 7 7 1 0 39 2.55 2 427 388 .909

2001-02 BUF 72 31 28 10 0 151 2.22 4 1781 1630 .915

2002-03 BUF 54 17 28 6 0 135 2.56 4 1468 1333 .908

2003-04 BUF 52 26 18 5 0 125 2.52 2 1442 1317 .913

2005-06 BUF 27 16 6 0 3 75 2.94 0 783 708 .904

Totals: 273 117 109 25 3 635 2.49 17 7073 6438 .91

8 games over 500 for a career isn't the guy I want behind me. heck Miller is already Double that!!

1. Microsoft should hire you to work in their department of redundancy department.

2. You're an arrogant ass with no reasoning skills. You gave Sabre61 all of 0 seconds to respond.

3. Miller is not double that. You try to come off so big with the stats, yet you get Miller wrong. He's a career 27-19. That's 8 games over .500. Is math not your strong point?

4. Fuhr and Moog weren't together in 87-88. Way to go. 86-87 was their last season together, in which Fuhr played in 44, Moog 46.

75 games played buddy.

It does look like you think you know what you are talking about. B-) But actually, Moog held out on the Oilers that season and played with the Canadian National Team. He was finally traded in March to the Bruins for Ranford, Courtnall (Geoff, not Russ) and a 2nd round pick.

A better case against the 2 headed playoff goalie monster would be the Islanders of the late '70's / early '80's. The team was a pretty consistant disappointment in the playoffs until '80 when they went almost exclusively with Smith. Resch was traded away in the middle of the next season and the team didn't miss a beat without their former All-Star goalie.

Guys i know you are slow but....I am not the one that that is talking about them playing together

I was talking about a #1 goalies durability and i mentioned FUHR morons he played 75 games one season who would of cared about his backup then????? That was my point not them playing together. Gees what was the origianl thread? Why keep Biron if goalies are capable of playing 70 games which possible who cares about the other 10 Mika can handle. Stick to the point guys I never argues them playing together. Problem with you buffalo fans is you don't know much so you are so quick to prove it when you do.

Stick to the short side and don't get beat!

Guys i know you are slow but....I am not the one that that is talking about them playing together

I was talking about a #1 goalies durability and i mentioned FUHR morons he played 75 games one season who would of cared about his backup then????? That was my point not them playing together. Gees what was the origianl thread? Why keep Biron if goalies are capable of playing 70 games which possible who cares about the other 10 Mika can handle. Stick to the point guys I never argues them playing together. Problem with you buffalo fans is you don't know much so you are so quick to prove it when you do.

Stick to the short side and don't get beat!

Did Fuhr play 75 games in a season with an Olympic break, requiring a condensed schedule in March and April? The Sabres have 17 games in 31 days in March, and 9 games in 18 days in April. If we want Miller fresh for the playoffs, his backup needs some starts in there as well. So, we should want him to have a good backup. With that being said Noronen is a good backup.

I think you will see the back up onle play 2 or 3 more games this year. Miller is what 24? Hitting his prime ala Fuhr and his 75 games or maybe like Roy and his 70 games played and then although you guys think he was really tired becuase he played so much ahh poor guy still managed to win a couple of rings.

I know this much I used to play hockey although it is a small comparison but i am not comparing hockey. when i was growing up in canada i used to play hockey 3 to 5 hours a day 6 days a weak and my point being no matter how much hockey I played I loved to play hockey looked forward to play hockey and the only reason we didnt play 7 days a week is we didnt have enough guys.

Point being they are pros I think they are much much more conditioned then me. Have a little faith in Millers puny muscles okay guys.

I think you will see the back up onle play 2 or 3 more games this year. Miller is what 24? Hitting his prime ala Fuhr and his 75 games or maybe like Roy and his 70 games played and then although you guys think he was really tired becuase he played so much ahh poor guy still managed to win a couple of rings.

I know this much I used to play hockey although it is a small comparison but i am not comparing hockey. when i was growing up in canada i used to play hockey 3 to 5 hours a day 6 days a weak and my point being no matter how much hockey I played I loved to play hockey looked forward to play hockey and the only reason we didnt play 7 days a week is we didnt have enough guys.

Point being they are pros I think they are much much more conditioned then me. Have a little faith in Millers puny muscles okay guys.

Well, for starters I have never played sports at a professional level. But I work out quite a bit, and would like to think that I know a thing or two about recovery time. Rest is very important to any workout program. Your muscles just don't instantly recover. In fact if you don't give your muscles time to recover, you aren't going to accomplish anything. So what kind of effect does this have on hockey?

Todd, not to take anything away from your hockey career, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you never played hockey at a professional level. It's my opinion that when you get to this level, everyone is a damn good player. Even players who are terrible at the NHL level, are still great hockey players. So I also think that anything that gives one player even a slight advantage over another can make a huge different. I think fatigue can make a huge difference.

Another thing to keep in mind, is while you played 3-5 hours a day, 6 days a week, I would imagine that you didn't play with anywhere near the intensity that players at the NHL level play. In fact I think the only thing that is played with that kind of intensity is an NHL game. What else would explain why players practice every day and it doesn't appear to phase them, but if they have 3 games in 4 nights they look exhuasted.

Guys i know you are slow but....

now this i don't understand this has to be the 2nd time in this thread that you have publically insulted everyone on this forum... you know... your going to get yourself banned soon if your not careful... and if there is one thing you bring to this forum its CHEAP, CHEAP entertainment oh and also a chance once in a while to pad the post count by responding to your useless posts... :lol:

I am sorry guys for hurting your feeling there is no place in the world for that :blink:

Well, for starters I have never played sports at a professional level. But I work out quite a bit, and would like to think that I know a thing or two about recovery time. Rest is very important to any workout program. Your muscles just don't instantly recover. In fact if you don't give your muscles time to recover, you aren't going to accomplish anything. So what kind of effect does this have on hockey?

Todd, not to take anything away from your hockey career, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you never played hockey at a professional level. It's my opinion that when you get to this level, everyone is a damn good player. Even players who are terrible at the NHL level, are still great hockey players. So I also think that anything that gives one player even a slight advantage over another can make a huge different. I think fatigue can make a huge difference.

Another thing to keep in mind, is while you played 3-5 hours a day, 6 days a week, I would imagine that you didn't play with anywhere near the intensity that players at the NHL level play. In fact I think the only thing that is played with that kind of intensity is an NHL game. What else would explain why players practice every day and it doesn't appear to phase them, but if they have 3 games in 4 nights they look exhuasted.

I might be out of my league here but recovery time for muscle tissue tear is about 24 hours and second that is only if you exceed what your body can take????

Second i never played at the pros that wasn't my point second when we played we played straight for 4 hours no subs and no it wasn't as intense that wasn't the point either my point was

It is the thing we do we play every day no matter what no matter what pain. I sprained my ankle it poped it was black and blue and swollen i put on a brace and played the next day.

Point being When i didn't play so much it hurt like hell the next day when i played every day I felt great.

I am sure the pros are even in better shape then me and i am sure you never here one complain come playoff time about being tired. It is a whole new level.

I guess when it comes down to it that is what we are talking about right guys?

Will Miller be able to step it up after a tight schedule?

Frankly i would ride him until he turns it up or folds how would really know unless we do?

Do we coddle him and let him sit? Or do we put the pressure on him and see if he has what it takes?

I think we did that with Biron and at times he looked pretty soft. With Miller i am willing to gamble he looks like a F34king warrior out their. I believe in him. It is like when hasek was in net. When we scored first I new we won the game. With Miller it is not quite the same but I see the same fire in his belly.

And saying that has anyone asked Miller from the media if he can handle 70 games plus the playoffs? Is he comfortable with that? And would he be truthful? Something their to think about!

All of that being said we should just drop it sabre61 because you really arent making a good case for yourself. Bye bye Biron.

I was talking about a #1 goalies durability and i mentioned FUHR morons...

No. You were talking about durability and you mentioned Moog, not Fuhr. To save you from scrolling up, your words were these: "Yeah they really worried about Patrick Roy being Hurt or Tired in his prime or Belfour or Brodeour or and Moog or Bill Ranford or Dominik Hasek."

Look, no one cares about disagreement. But your constant disrespect of others, combined with your lack of ability to use simple logic, your inability to remember what you wrote one day ago, your incoherent prose, and your prediliction to get overly emotional about a sports argument are frustrating. Why not take a year or two off, grow up some, learn to write, and then come back?

Archived