Dominic Moore

RayFinkle

Is he a bad player? Is he better or worse than Moore at his position? It doesnt really matter.

But, it does matter, because this is what Darcy needed to base his decision on.

I do disagree on that flawed logic part.

Red Wings/Isles man for man? thats alittle silly.

A bit extreme? Yes, but you still seemed to get my point.

As for contributing. Outside of one game, how do you know that he contributed anything prior to the shootout? In fact, how do you know that he didn't hurt their chances and/or contribute to the losses? His stats (0 points and a -3) suggest he hasn't, but Moore's weren't really any better. However, we know stats aren't everything. I've watched our games, so I know that Moore has contributed outside of the points. I've also watched our games with Al long enough to infer that if he's not putting up any points, then he's probably not helping and sometime even hurting the team. Unless you watched those Oilers games, so that you can say otherwise, I would be surprised if he has. We knew he was good in the shootout, but that he didn't help that much in the 65 minutes leading up to the SO. When we went to the SO with Atlanta, people said "where's Al?" Sure, if we got to the shootout, there's about a 2/3 chance that he would have gotten us the point (it was the best case for him in that the first three ended 0-0, so one shooter making it would turn it into a win as opposed to just tying it up.) Of course, how do we know that with him, we would even had made it to the SO in the first place? Also, we lost to Atlanta in SOs two other times this year with Al in the lineup instead.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter much. I still believe that Moore for Kotalik (roughly) was a good swap. Was it enough to turn the team around? No, clearly not. Has Moore done as much offensively as hoped? No. Has he contributed in the other ways that he was expected to? Yes, I would say so.

But, it does matter, because this is what Darcy needed to base his decision on.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter much. I still believe that Moore for Kotalik (roughly) was a good swap. Was it enough to turn the team around? No, clearly not. Has Moore done as much offensively as hoped? No. Has he contributed in the other ways that he was expected to? Yes, I would say so.

There in lies the key. Team needs, is the point.

The Sabres were stale before Moore and still are. Darcy lost that gamble and apparently in Tellqvist as well.

As for the shootout in ATL, I was yelling for Hank.

I gotta run for today, enjoy the game!

The Sabres were stale before Moore and still are. Darcy lost that gamble and apparently in Tellqvist as well.

I said that I liked the Moore move; I didn't say that there weren't a lot of unmade moves that I am mad about. ;)

I think that the worst move that Darcy actually made at the deadline was signing Connolly for what he did.

6 games in a Sabre uniform.

0 goals

0 assists

8 dumbass penalty minutes

Takes more penalties than Ales, has no shot from the point, and can't score. Also our PK has sh-t the bed since his arrival. Good times. Is Bob Corkum still available?

ah, the obligatory Bob Corkum reference.....a very tired and worn-out attempt at humor -

Sorry man, this one is just not fresh anymore....

I said that I liked the Moore move; I didn't say that there weren't a lot of unmade moves that I am mad about. ;)

I think that the worst move that Darcy actually made at the deadline was signing Connolly for what he did.

Re-signing him long term AND Giving a raise to a player who has not been able to play a fullseason in years definitly isn't the kind of move this team needs to make. They need fresh faces in the lineup, and not developing ones, or guys with possible unproven potential. They need proven upper level ones

Overall this has to be one of the worst deadlines for Regier. :thumbdown:

Overall this has to be one of the worst deadlines for Regier. :thumbdown:

In so many ways, this is turning out to be one of the worst seasons I can ever remember.

Not so much because of our position in the standings, but because absolutely nothing has changed in 12 months, even though this teams needs to be able to compete seemed so few, yet so obvious a blind man could see them. At least, everyone should know where to start.

Yet nothing ever changes...................

Archived