Ruff or Regier or Both??

bob_sauve28

I think it is pretty clear the talent level here is not cutting it. Two years of this has shown us exactly what they are. Borderline playoff hockey. They can win games against poor teams when they want to, but could anyone say with any confidence that if they played Carolina or Pitt right now buffalo would be favored? Why is that? When a team wants it as much as the sabres do, they other team will win. The players don't always get up, and when they do against a good team that is also up for the occasion they lose. Ottawa is not a bad team, they are also having motivation problems, and for some reason the sabres spark them to play. In my opinion Darcy has ignored this and is clearly to blame. He doesn't want to admit his roster won't win it. No depth at center, and a weak unreliable D.

As far as coaching goes, has anyone had a problem with how Ruff matches up the lines, or who plays on a given night? I personally don't, and think he tries to mix it up well to try and find chemistry that isn't there right now. I like how he can put Vanek on the bench even though he is the top guy. I also like how he knows Lalime couldn't be trusted (and similar to last year) for a reliable here and there game and needed to ride Miller once again this year.

This all leads me to believe that Darcy needs to dump and retool parts of this roster, otherwise get out of here.

Phew, that makes much more sense. :thumbsup:

I hear ya. For the most part I really like TV's development as a two-way player (and of course his offensive skills) but he does have those lapses back to his rookie year effort that frustrate me - although now they are getting fewer and further between.

But I wouldn't call him injury prone by any stretch.

IMO Lindy doesn't want to win the cup. He's taken us to finals and purposely loses, won trophies and had best coach awards because he always blames the players and never himself. He's only sticking around for a paycheck and because he loves press conferences. /sarcasm off.

:thumbsup:

Regier.

2 years removed from having the best record in the NHL and making our 2nd Eastern Conference final in a row, we're about ready to miss the playoffs again. Whether if anyone wants to hear this or not, but failing to re-sign Drury & Briere is still haunting this team.

I think it is pretty clear the talent level here is not cutting it. Two years of this has shown us exactly what they are. Borderline playoff hockey. They can win games against poor teams when they want to, but could anyone say with any confidence that if they played Carolina or Pitt right now buffalo would be favored? Why is that? When a team wants it as much as the sabres do, they other team will win. The players don't always get up, and when they do against a good team that is also up for the occasion they lose. Ottawa is not a bad team, they are also having motivation problems, and for some reason the sabres spark them to play. In my opinion Darcy has ignored this and is clearly to blame. He doesn't want to admit his roster won't win it. No depth at center, and a weak unreliable D.

As far as coaching goes, has anyone had a problem with how Ruff matches up the lines, or who plays on a given night? I personally don't, and think he tries to mix it up well to try and find chemistry that isn't there right now. I like how he can put Vanek on the bench even though he is the top guy. I also like how he knows Lalime couldn't be trusted (and similar to last year) for a reliable here and there game and needed to ride Miller once again this year.

This all leads me to believe that Darcy needs to dump and retool parts of this roster, otherwise get out of here.

I like the pic of Dio...LOOK OUT!!!!

Here's an idea. Walk up to Lindy and kick him in the nads. I mean, you just did the online version of it. Again, it's damning with faint praise. Lindy, you're a great coach, but you can win it all only with a slam dunk roster. There aren't many of those. The Bolts, Canes and Ducks have won Cups recently with less than a slam dunk. Go look at the Hurricane roster in 06. If Ruff is so good, how come his coaching ability couldn't overcome talent that was just "slightly" less than necessary. I don't get it.

How did I kick him in the nads? Those teams that won the cup had better talent then what Lindey has been given the last few years, unless of course Vanek, Roy and Pomminstein = Lecavalier, St. Louis and Richards (Heck, those 3 would still beat out Drury, Briere, and one of those 3).

The problem is that to get to those ECF's, he was already overachieving with the "talent" he was given. He is a coach, and coaches can only do so much

Archived