MSG HD - NHL CI / DirecTV blackout?

Vaive22

I have the Center Ice Package with DirecTV, and lately the Sabres MSG broadcasts in HD have been blacked out. The normal feed is fine, but I don't have and HD TV so I can watch hockey in standard broadcast!!! It seems like it is just MSG, I noticed the Rangers MSG HD broadcasts have also been blacked out lately too.

Anyone else having the same issues?? Has anyone called DiercTV? Is MSG having some sort of issue with CI???

I have the Center Ice Package with DirecTV, and lately the Sabres MSG broadcasts in HD have been blacked out. The normal feed is fine, but I don't have and HD TV so I can watch hockey in standard broadcast!!! It seems like it is just MSG, I noticed the Rangers MSG HD broadcasts have also been blacked out lately too.

Anyone else having the same issues?? Has anyone called DiercTV? Is MSG having some sort of issue with CI???

I'm in Phoenix and had the same issue last night and had to watch the game in SD.

My only issue with MSG HD is that it sucks!!!!!! The feeds always freeze, sometimes the sound goes out fro a few sec here and there. I really can't wait until the Sabres get someone new. MSG just stinks and people on their FO must be straight up clowns.

you'll get the VS games in HD when the Sabs are on that channel also NHL network shows the games in HD and the Sabs ha ve been on that as well. But the MSG HD feeds are blacked out to out of markets folks, which is BS because all of last season and up until the beginning of February the MSG HD feed was available. This BS bickering bewteen the parties involved is accomplishing one thing, pissed off fans! Which in turn will lead to what folks are saying is it worth getting HD from DTV, in the end they only hurt themselves regarding revenue. So my brother in TN it is up to you.

Had the same problem, I called Direct TV and was put into their automated Que. During my third call, when the machine asked me for my problem I made bizare gurgling noises and cherping and chokeing noises and immediately the computer informed me that it "understood" my problem and put me in touch with a Rep (no kidding). At this time I went while talking to the Rep back in front of the TV and the game was finally on. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: I promptly hung up on the quy and began beating myself with a stick. :death:

"My price?"

20 Dollars a month.

I've survived this long without it ... basically, I don't really know what I am missing. I don't think i want to do something that will make it look WORSE.

It's not going to make anything look WORSE. You'll end up getting your locals and ESPN and a whole bunch of other stuff in actual HD. The Sabres, for now, you won't get in HD (which really PISSES ME OFF!). It's up to you whether or not the extra 10 bucks is worth it. You'll still get the same programming you get now, but you'll get additional stuff in HD.

Ok so basically you guys are telling me there is no point upgrading to the HD service from DirecTV ... I just bought my second HD ready TV and was going to pull the trigger but ... the Sabres are about 80% of my TV watching so ... not worth it?

I would get it, because there will still be a number of Sabres games in HD that you wouldn't otherwise get. (VS, NHL Network, and whenever they play a road game against a team that does have its games in HD -- which is more than half the teams in the NHL although unfortunately not the Canadian teams). And, whenever DirecTV and Cablevision work this out, it will go back to EVERY Sabres home game being in HD, which is very sweet.

The HD feed was on 638-1 which was blacked out

You sure? Because I'm pretty sure 638-1 was showing up...can't take it to the bank, but I would have remembered if it was only coming in on the SD channel.

Now, I subscribe to the Sports Pack...so maybe that's why it may have shown up in HD? I dunno... :death:

You sure? Because I'm pretty sure 638-1 was showing up...can't take it to the bank, but I would have remembered if it was only coming in on the SD channel.

Now, I subscribe to the Sports Pack...so maybe that's why it may have shown up in HD? I dunno... :death:

I live in Lorton, and I recorded both channels manually. Only the SD feed was viewable. HD was a blank screen.

Here's more information on the problem, and it's only with the MSG Networks.....bastard Dolan! :thumbdown:

Linky

Me too , this sh!t is getting old

They must have forgotten to flip off the HD switch for the Ranger game Saturday night. I had HD until about 5 minutes left in the game. Then it was black out.

I sure hope this gets settled soon.

I hate watching hockey in SD

I checked - it was blacked out here.

Well at least the game vs the Ducks will be HD on versus and then better than HD as I will go to the game in person on Thursday against the Canes. Always looking forward to this game as so many Sabre fans invade the RBC center. I hope the boys show them some payback for what they did to us a couple of Sunday's ago.

Archived