Rangers falling apart

Buffalo Wings

I think the MSG faithful are about to form a lynch mob.

1-0 Phlyers going into the second, the Rags give up a shorty while on a 5-on-3 PP, then King Henrik lets in two softies. Meanwhile, the rest of the team is standing around watching Philly score at will. As I type this, another one goes in on Valiquette, so it's 5-0 halfway through two.

With the huge payroll, I'm thinking Tom Renney's job is on the line.

Who exactly do you expect the Rangers to offer us for them? Pittsburgh is hurting now too, do you want Satan back?

This is no "who exactly". The return would be based on the level of desperation. The Rangers need some offensive punch. You maybe able to extract a nice return of prospects and or picks. The Pens have different issues. They may be willing to overpay for some short term defensive help. Spacek or even a Teppo may get some decent picks back the Sabres way. The Sabres would be a in a nice position. The Rangers and Pens would be desperate while the Sabres are in no hurry get rid of anyone.

If I were the Sabres I would be trying to take advantage of a desperate franchise and maybe dangle Connolly or Kotalik in front of the Rangers. Get them to overpay for some goal scoring.

Didn't they already do that with the Sabres and the Devils???... They have both Drury and Gomez.. I doubt they could be conned twice..

Archived