A name to remember come the trade deadline.

deluca67

36 years old???? What dope are you guys smoking??? What ever happen to let the "Kids" play???

Again you miss the point. ;)

Hill would be brought in for depth. He's much better then Fitzpatrick and wouldn't be replacing

any of the younger guys. He wouldn't cost then Sabres more then a Mid Round pick.

Guest Guest

I would like Fitzpatrick as the ninth defensemen honestly. We need a solid d-man in a bad way. I know a lot of people knock on Campbell, especially in the Rochester area, but we a fast offensive player like him on this team since Kalinen forgot how to be one this year. We definitaly take a chance defensively when Campbell is on the ice, but we did with Maxim last season too and it paid in dividends. Let Campbell be the role player we need right now and hopefully his game rounds out next year.

I would like Fitzpatrick as the ninth defensemen honestly. We need a solid d-man in a bad way. I know a lot of people knock on Campbell, especially in the Rochester area, but we a fast offensive player like him on this team since Kalinen forgot how to be one this year. We definitaly take a chance defensively when Campbell is on the ice, but we did with Maxim last season too and it paid in dividends. Let Campbell be the role player we need right now and hopefully his game rounds out next year.

OK. But what does that have to do with the original point? Having Sean Hill for your seventh defensemen is a huge upgrade from Fitzpatrick.

I guess I wasn't signed in, this was me.

I agree with you that although Campbell is a bit of a defensive liability, I think his offensive contributions make up for it. A solid stay at home defenseman would be a great partner to bring in for Campbell.

My point is, instead of bringing in an old guy who can't really offer anymore then what we have now, lets bring in some real talent like Derrick Morris if healthy or Aaron Miller or both and solidify our defence so we need not worry about or D.

My point is, instead of bringing in an old guy who can't really offer anymore then what we have now, lets bring in some real talent like Derrick Morris if healthy or Aaron Miller or both and solidify our defence so we need not worry about or D.

That would be great if this was 'NHL '06' but it's not. There are other factors to everything the Sabres do. The two players you named have health problems. The Sabres can't afford to invest in players then have them not on the ice. They don't have that financial margin of error other teams do.

Say Golisano gives the OK to Darcy to play fantasy hockey and Morris and Miller are brought in? Who sits? You going to take out Campbell and Lydman? Teppo or Tallinder? McKee? Kalinin when healthy?

But if he is better than Rory, he is offering more than what we have now. This year has made it very clear that good depth is more important than star players. Depth is why the Sabres are where they are.

ugh... god...... thank god your not runnin this team... too many video games lol... living in fantasy land.... :lol:

Archived