Miller Stung By Ruff's Criticism

bob_sauve28

Well frankly guys I have noticed a slight shift in Lindy's attitude ever since he blurted out the fact that it took him "weeks" to get over the events of Summer 2007. Remember that? He just seems deflated and like he never fully came back to the job after that.Maybe it's just me, but I usually read people pretty well, and I think Lindy is still smarting.

In regards to Miller...he does need to grow up and play like the goalie he thinks he is.

I also posted several times back then while he kept his silence that I was concerned we hadn't heard from him and he was keeping so quiet. I also remember it took him awhile before he eventually re-signed his contract and yes he has not had the same style, fire and grasp of this team since. You can read into it that he is unhappy with the player choices he has been given and lost patience with them and now maybe his players with him. Not a good place to be for us Sabres fans..

While I honestly don't want to think this is something Lindy would do I can't help but think if you don't shive a git and get fired your contract is still guaranteed right ?

To be honest, how the hell do any of you guys know he was "whining" when he said that? Maybe hes just saying that he's going to have to make better reads. None of you were there or heard or saw this clip. We all could be misinterpreting the quote because we can't hear the context or inflection of his voice... Or i may be totally wrong and hes whining but you can't really know.

Also, maybe a poke at him will light a fire under his ass. Nothing else has worked.

Just a hunch, but maybe this headline would lead people to believe he was pissed about Lindy's remarks...

"Miller stung by Ruff?s remarks"

http://www.buffalonews.com/489/story/515062.html

:doh: :doh:

I also posted several times back then while he kept his silence that I was concerned we hadn't heard from him and he was keeping so quiet. I also remember it took him awhile before he eventually re-signed his contract and yes he has not had the same style, fire and grasp of this team since. You can read into it that he is unhappy with the player choices he has been given and lost patience with them and now maybe his players with him. Not a good place to be for us Sabres fans..

While I honestly don't want to think this is something Lindy would do I can't help but think if you don't shive a git and get fired your contract is still guaranteed right ?

He signed his extension in June 2007, several weeks before Black Sunday. This actually supports your theory, because it would mean that he felt completely blindsided by management screwing the pooch immediately after Lindy committed.

Having said that, I don't agree at all that he's been mailing it in since then. I just think this group of forwards is completely bereft of mental toughness.

He signed his extension in June 2007, several weeks before Black Sunday. This actually supports your theory, because it would mean that he felt completely blindsided by management screwing the pooch immediately after Lindy committed.

Having said that, I don't agree at all that he's been mailing it in since then. I just think this group of forwards is completely bereft of mental toughness.

Ruff is not the problem. I've said since the off-season this team is weak at forward and the results have proven me right.

I wasn't trying to imply he has been mailing it during this whole time just that he hasn't had the same fire behind the team/job he was given that he showed prior to 2007 even with his daughters issues then. Now add last seasons performance and the last 15 games of frustration onto not feeling great about what you originally got and I think it's possible the real frustration is showing through.

Ruff is not the problem. I've said since the off-season this team is weak at forward and the results have proven me right.

Good to hear both your opinions concerning Ruff because that in my mind was even with Black Sunday one of the reasons I still felt good about the team.

If Ruff is going to finally hold all the guy's responsible and make sure if they are not the most talented that they then need to be the most hard working and in the deal force upper managment's hand by showing us what we truly have on this team,, Then bring on another .500 season.

Pretty interesting some of the changes nfreeman noted in another thread about what players should be gone are some of the same players who are whining publically about the doghouse,,, lets weed out the rest...

Archived