Kaleta on IR

bottlecap

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258430&amp...s=headlines_nhl

Out with head and neck injuries. The kid gives everything he has and hope he's back soon.

This was done to create room for Weber to come up. We have 23 players right now, not including Connolly who is on IR to make room for Mancari. Both Craig and Toni could play this weeked, so they could not be placed on IR, leaving only Kaleta. His IR will be retroactive to last Saturday and he will have to sit out a minimum of seven days. That means that he will likely come back against the Lightning when they come to HSBC on Wednesday, though he could fly out for Monday's game against the Pens, if needed.

And Briere's already injured (he's played just three more games than Connolly and will be out for another 4-5 weeks; we thought our current Tin Man was expensive ...)

Yeh he's been injury prone with that part of his anatomy for a while now..Plus add in Gagne's problems..LOL

Kaleta doesn't bring to the table what this team needs. No big lose as far as I am concerned.

Agreed, although I think it is no big LOSS as far as I'm concerned.

The guy's from Angola... great. He doesn't really help the team, when you get down to it. Being the biggest hitter on this incarnation of the Sabres isn't saying much at all. On the overwhelming majority of NHL teams he's a healthy scratch most nights.

Kaleta doesn't bring to the table what this team needs. No big lose as far as I am concerned.
Agreed, although I think it is no big LOSS as far as I'm concerned.

I don't really agree at all. Granted, Kaleta isn't going to fix what ails the Sabres all by himself, but any physical presence is a good thing on this team.

We should be asking what Stafford, Paille, Afinogenov, and Kotalik are bringing to the table.

I don't really agree at all. Granted, Kaleta isn't going to fix what ails the Sabres all by himself, but any physical presence is a good thing on this team.

We should be asking what Stafford, Paille, Afinogenov, and Kotalik are bringing to the table.

Kaleta's worth to the team has been diminished to some degree by all of the players and coaches complaining so now the refs are calling more penalties on him.

You have Ruff giving Stafford another shot on the #1 line and then yesterday it looked like he was already replaced by Max who does his usual exciting moves that lead to nothing. This team needs another playmaker.

Archived