[OT] Jersey's of ex players that still play and ppl still wear

ROC Sabres

I'm sure this is probably just a issue of my own but why do people wear jersey's of the old players that still play?

When they showed people entering I saw 3 or 4 drury briere jerseys walking in.

I understand that it's still a sabres jersey and it's a lot of money to drop on one thing, but I'm pretty sure if a player that i bought a jersey for played for a different team, i wouldn't wear it anymore.

What do you think?

I think it's a money issue. Maybe people are afraid to get a player jersey because they could be gone like briere, drury, campbell, and brion. I get all my jerseys eather blank or with my name on it. I know others were making fun of custom jerseys, but I don't care. At least I will never be on another team.

Those players were on the team and wore those jerseys when they were here. Consider it celebrating part of Sabres' history. That said, I would only do it if it were the only jersey that I owned. I have a Pommer and a Roy, so I cam probably OK for a while. That, and I will certainly purchase another jersey between now and when they leave, so it's unlikely that I would end up without a current player's jersey. Even if that does happen, I have a Peca and a Satan, and at least one of those two will retire before the time that Pommer's contract ends.

What should they do with the $125 or more jersey they have, throw it out? Use it as a rag to clean up after the dog? Why don't you suggest a use for those jerseys other than WEARING them?

I may actually use my Afinogenov jersey to clean up after the dog.....thanks for the advice. All jokes aside, I thought he had a decent game last night. As far as people wearing old jerseys..........have you read about the economy lately?

Okay taking shots at the team or FO when it sucks is one thing but do you work for the marketing department of the Sabres ? We do not really have to question people's integrity when it's more than likely an priority-economic-money issue. It's still a Buffalo Sabres jersey right and last I checked they are still the Buffalo Sabres.

<_<

I got so sick of spending extra cash on a new player's jersey every time someone got traded that I've gone the blank jersey route, and I may go retro with a Thurman Thomas throwback this Christmas. I just can't pull the trigger anymore on buying current player jerseys, because the vast majority of players don't stay with their teams long-term anymore.

When I buy a jersey, I purchase one that is vintage and has a player that gave me great memories. For hockey, I go w/ LaFontaine. For the Bills, I go w/ Kelly. These players are just examples.

I think it's perfectly fine for some one to own a Drury, Briere, Dumont, etc... jersey. So what if they're still playing. A person may still be proud to have that jersey because they loved watching them play. In a couple years, I may buy a Drury jersey. His goal against the Rangers w/ 7 seconds left in the 06/07 playoffs is one my favorite sports memories. Everyone has their own reasons for wearing a certain player's jersey.

I still can't bring myself to throw out my McGahee jersey. Anyways I have a blank angry goathead that I occasionally pull out.

Ok, a McGahee jersey would be an exception. After his poor sportsmanship, lack of play, and CERTAINLY THE REMARKS he made about the city of Buffalo, I'd be like "wtf" is that person doing wearing a McGahee jersey.

I still don't understand why some people wear Michael Vick jerseys. Lack of morals and values in my opinion...

I know I've contradicted myself a bit (read a post I wrote earlier) but there are players because of their actions off the field that I would never want to see a person in their jersey. Examples being O.J. Simpson, Vick, and McGahee. I still can't believe I saw a person wearing a Vick jersey at a high school football game recently.

I need you guys opinion...

I just bought the Sabres 3rd jersey from shop.nhl

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?prod...dy_bestsell_img

Size: Large

Lettering: A-L-U-K-I-P

Number: 00

Captaincy: Yes

I just used my last name (that's not my last name though, but same amount of letters)

Do you think the Double zero's are a tad bit too 90-ish? (I don't know why, but "00" reminds me of Smashing Pumpkins)

And i used my last name so my player doesn't #%^$#!ing LEAVE and I'm suck with a worthless jersey (in my eyes)

So what do you guys think?

I need you guys opinion...

I just bought the Sabres 3rd jersey from shop.nhl

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?prod...dy_bestsell_img

Size: Large

Lettering: A-L-U-K-I-P

Number: 00

Captaincy: Yes

I just used my last name (that's not my last name though, but same amount of letters)

Do you think the Double zero's are a tad bit too 90-ish? (I don't know why, but "00" reminds me of Smashing Pumpkins)

And i used my last name so my player doesn't #%^$#!ing LEAVE and I'm suck with a worthless jersey (in my eyes)

So what do you guys think?

Never get a jersey with your name. That's my opinion.

Archived