Pathetic -- Ruff Should Be Concerned

Lethbridge Broncos

The problem is, those players you listed are not guys that can actually carry a team and should be top players in the NHL, but the Sabres believe they can be.

Connolly is a #2 centre in Buffalo, on what other team would he be considered the same? The Sabres have too many "role players" (guys who are good at certain things, but not great overall) playing key roles on the team, and no top tier players, besides Vanek, who is starting to develop into a top tier guy. The problem with Vanek is that I don't think that he is the kind of player who can be a top tier guy who can also carry the team, like a Crosby, or Iginla. He will put up big numbers, but not be the guy who can take over leadership of a team too.

Obviously moves need to be made, unfortunatly the front office would rather "ride it out" and hope that they can shuffle things around internally to turn them around. They need moves from outside the team to fix it, or go intofull rebuild mode and move some of the guys on the big club to make room for the Portland guys to getsome NHL experience. Too many of the current guys are riding off of one good year, hoping they can get back to that level, like Tallinder, Max, Timmy, Gaustad, Stafford, Spacek, etc........

Too much money spent on 2nd and 3rd line guys, no money spen on top tier players

Nah, Ruff's all about negative reinforcement. Bag skates, missed shifts, benchings, yelling, threats of this and that. It wears thin in any organization after a while. This is the guy who blew up after the Sabres WON Game 2 against the Rangers.

And you know this, how, exactly? FWIW, I disagree -- I've heard him say plenty of positive things about how the team played after a loss.

Feel free to grind your fire-Lindy ax (however misguided it may be, which is plenty), but this is sheer speculation masquerading as a statement of fact.

The problem is, those players you listed are not guys that can actually carry a team and should be top players in the NHL, but the Sabres believe they can be.

Connolly is a #2 centre in Buffalo, on what other team would he be considered the same? The Sabres have too many "role players" (guys who are good at certain things, but not great overall) playing key roles on the team, and no top tier players, besides Vanek, who is starting to develop into a top tier guy. The problem with Vanek is that I don't think that he is the kind of player who can be a top tier guy who can also carry the team, like a Crosby, or Iginla. He will put up big numbers, but not be the guy who can take over leadership of a team too.

Obviously moves need to be made, unfortunatly the front office would rather "ride it out" and hope that they can shuffle things around internally to turn them around. They need moves from outside the team to fix it, or go intofull rebuild mode and move some of the guys on the big club to make room for the Portland guys to getsome NHL experience. Too many of the current guys are riding off of one good year, hoping they can get back to that level, like Tallinder, Max, Timmy, Gaustad, Stafford, Spacek, etc........

Too much money spent on 2nd and 3rd line guys, no money spen on top tier players

good post, APus. I was wondering where you've been. Too busy with the CFL?

Let's face it guys and girls, I'm sure Lindy is concerned but Darcy and Quinn have brought us to where we are all under the direction of Golisano. This year is no different than the end of last, just a continuation of the same mediocrety. Miller is no Roi or Hasek or Brodeur any more than Vanek is a Crosby or a Lafontaine or a Perrreault. Our defensive pairings don't even get honarable mention beside a Robinson or a Chara or a Scott Stevens. Lindy had a team on the rise with Briere and Drury and Campbell which Golisano allowed to go all under the same guise that we hear every year ..small market.

Like they say a fish rots from the top down and our fishead knows exactly what he is doing..when was the last time you saw him waving to the fans from his box or anywhere for that matter talking about his team? Yes he is the reason the Sabres are still here but the Sabres legacy/tradition/Stanley Cup aspirations became things of the past as we have an owner without a passion for hockey.

Lindy makes do with what he has and has been there before many times trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear but until we are able to keep "game breakers" playing for the Sabres we will always be the underdogs. We like to cheer for a Gaustad or a Mair or a Kaleta because they "try " hard or a Stafford and a Pommenville because they are young but there is NO substitute in the end for "difference makers" on a team and we don't have a single one. Miller was groomed as such but has fallen far short, Vanek despite number of goals does not score clutch goals anymore than Satan did in his 40 goal year.It's not important what Briere and Drury and Campbell are doing with their new teams it IS important what they did when they were Sabres and how they brought the rest of the team up to a Stanley Cup level.

One minute left down by one goal...who ya gonna call....no one is picking up the phone at the Sabres.

And you know this, how, exactly? FWIW, I disagree -- I've heard him say plenty of positive things about how the team played after a loss.

Feel free to grind your fire-Lindy ax (however misguided it may be, which is plenty), but this is sheer speculation masquerading as a statement of fact.

The top goal-scorer in the NHL played 13 minutes last night. If that's not exhibit A of a coach who relies on negative reinforcement, nothing is. I backed up my statement. No "speculation" whatsoever. Here's another one: watching hours of videos of mistakes.

Lol, Nah, I can't get into Canadian football

Too busy working on the house at night, and the new job. I can't spend all day on these boards any more at work now that I work in a Town Hall for a municipality.

Archived