Will the Sabres make a major trade before New Year's?

nfreeman

Will they take real steps?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. I'm not going to bother defining "major trade", other than to say it means a trade that everyone here will agree is a big trade. I'm also not going to qualify the question with "if this losing streak keeps up", etc., because I expect us to play average to poor -- ie about the same as last year -- until something happens. So, the question is: will there be a big move before New Year's?

• Yes
    • No

A GM that has supreme confidence in his job security may do that. Does anyone think Darcy loses his job if the Sabres tank this year?

No I don't. They tanked last year and in addition to the disasterous offseason he got an extension. Regier isn't going anywhere unfortunately.

Everyting points to him not making a move..I wouldnt be shocked to see Max and Tallinder get moved however I would nt think we would get a whole lot in return..

This team needs a a major league player leader in a bad way..There arent many out there unfortunatley and the ones that are arent available..Sundin and Shanahan could come in here for a year two at best and fill that roll but it wont happen

I have to imagine the people voting yes are voting with what they want Darcy to do, not what they think he will do. How many in season, non-trade deadline trades has Darcy made to just "shake thing up"? None that I can remember.

Bingo, I voted No because that's the truth.... Not that I wouldn't love for him to prove us wrong.

Everyting points to him not making a move..I wouldnt be shocked to see Max and Tallinder get moved however I would nt think we would get a whole lot in return..

This team needs a a major league player leader in a bad way..There arent many out there unfortunatley and the ones that are arent available..Sundin and Shanahan could come in here for a year two at best and fill that roll but it wont happen

I can see that and could only wish they were willing to even try some thing like that, problem is I think Shanny stated he wants to be NYR or nothing else... Better question is; Will anyone/player who has a say in decision or can make a choice choose to come to Bflo ?

Bingo, I voted No because that's the truth.... Not that I wouldn't love for him to prove us wrong.

I can see that and could only wish they were willing to even try some thing like that, problem is I think Shanny stated he wants to be NYR or nothing else... Better question is; Will anyone/player who has a say in decision or can make a choice choose to come to Bflo ?

Most likely not, unless it's someone who's desperate to play, and we're the last resort.

In which case, we're probably not talking about anyone even remotely high profile.

Sadly, The Sabres just isn't a place players want to go at this point, and who can blame them really?

Having a meeting with Darcy about trades, might play out something like this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Archived