In typical Lindy Ruff fashion will he not dress Peters

Claude Balls

As Ruff has done many times in the past, I will not be at all surprised to see Peters in the press box Wednesday night. After watching Lucic absolutely steamroll anyone in a Sabres uniform last game, Peters needs to be on the ice for this game. Send him out during Lucic's first shift and try to get him to go. Maybe Peters beats his arse and sends him a message right away. Should be an easy call by Ruff to play Peters, but I'm interested to see what he does.

As Ruff has done many times in the past, I will not be at all surprised to see Peters in the press box Wednesday night. After watching Lucic absolutely steamroll anyone in a Sabres uniform last game, Peters needs to be on the ice for this game. Send him out during Lucic's first shift and try to get him to go. Maybe Peters beats his arse and sends him a message right away. Should be an easy call by Ruff to play Peters, but I'm interested to see what he does.

First!

There is not now, nor been or ever will be a "need" for Peters to be on the ice.

Second!

Why would anyone ever expect Peters to beat anyone's "arse"?

First!

There is not now, nor been or ever will be a "need" for Peters to be on the ice.

Second!

Why would anyone ever expect Peters to beat anyone's "arse"?

First, this team plays like a bunch of sissies and without some toughness present they will keep on getting rocked. I know they got rocked the last two games, but neither Columbus nor Pittsburgh have a guy like Lucic either.

Secondly, Peters has done much better at fighting this year and I haven't seen him get beat in the few fights he has had. He may have had a draw or two.

If Kaleta takes a run at Lucic, he will just turtle or get the worst beating of his life. Peters is the only guy on this team that could possibly take on Lucic. No one else in a Sabres uniform could come close to matching this kid.

First, this team plays like a bunch of sissies and without some toughness present they will keep on getting rocked. I know they got rocked the last two games, but neither Columbus nor Pittsburgh have a guy like Lucic either.

Secondly, Peters has done much better at fighting this year and I haven't seen him get beat in the few fights he has had. He may have had a draw or two.

If Kaleta takes a run at Lucic, he will just turtle or get the worst beating of his life. Peters is the only guy on this team that could possibly take on Lucic. No one else in a Sabres uniform could come close to matching this kid.

Who cares about Lucic? Focusing on him is a recipe for disaster, just look what happens every time we play Ottawa and Chris Neil ends up dictating the whole game.

Run their skill guys, if they have d-men like Tallinder who crap their pants when an opposing forward enters the zone, then hit them too, but for the love of god, stop playing like a bunch of pussies.

Lucic should not be a problem, The Sabres being a bunch of whiny little girls is the problem.

Lucic should not be a problem, The Sabres being a bunch of whiny little girls is the problem.

Did you see the last Boston game? Lucic OWNED the Sabres and the entire ice. He made Neil look like a pansy. Sabres have to slow him down to have any chance in this game.

And yes, right now the Sabres are playing like a bunch of little bi*#ches. Even Mair has been a little soft lately.

False. If Kaleta takes a run at Lucic he will go head first into the glass, completely missing Lucic, just like every other time he tries to lay a big hit on somebody. :thumbdown:

Did you see the last Boston game? Lucic OWNED the Sabres and the entire ice. He made Neil look like a pansy. Sabres have to slow him down to have any chance in this game.

And yes, right now the Sabres are playing like a bunch of little bi*#ches. Even Mair has been a little soft lately.

Yes, but why is that he owned us? Because everyone on this team is soft, and the ones who aren't, are playing soft, including Rivet, Gaustad and Mair who are supposed to e the muscle of this team.

Again, Lucic is not the problem, The Sabres being too soft is, and once again the word is out - Hit them all over the ice, you'll win.

Yes, but why is that he owned us? Because everyone on this team is soft, and the ones who aren't, are playing soft, including Rivet, Gaustad and Mair who are supposed to e the muscle of this team.

Again, Lucic is not the problem, The Sabres being too soft is, and once again the word is out - Hit them all over the ice, you'll win.

Exactly. Especially Gaustad tho...maybe all the "take care of the planet" initiatives have snipped off his manhood. Show some freakin passion out there. I don't think 2 or 3 hits in one period against Pittsburgh is enough to get him off the hook. He got a nice little contract during the offseason and so far has looked just as lifeless as anyone else on the team. Why shouldn't he be enough to counter Lucic? Gaustad has been gutless lately.

When has Peters been the physical answer to any of the Sabres problems. Peters is not an enforcer. If you think playing Peters is going to keep any player honest you're crazy. Lucic actually play 15 minutes a game. I hate to see Peters play 15 minutes in a season.

Who cares about Lucic? Focusing on him is a recipe for disaster, just look what happens every time we play Ottawa and Chris Neil ends up dictating the whole game.

Run their skill guys, if they have d-men like Tallinder who crap their pants when an opposing forward enters the zone, then hit them too, but for the love of god, stop playing like a bunch of pussies.

BINGO....

I complained about this after the last Sens game. It'll be interesting to see if they get their panties all bunched up (which they do wear judging by their play).

That's my whole point. Peters is the only guy with enough sack to go after Lucic or at least stand up to him. The rest of the team plays like a bunch scared little girls when teams start taking the body and playing physical. Peters only needs to play for 2 minutes to send a message. Something Gaustad and Mair used to do. Even Rivet did it the first two weeks of the season and even he has disappeared since. This team has no backbone. Miller had to stand up for himself again the other night against a pansy in Staal. No one else would touch him.

Gretzky (not that the Sabres have anyone near his talent level) always had a goon on the bench. That's how he was able to play for so long and have all the open ice he had for the most part. Rarely did you see Gretzky get smacked around.

Watch any of the Lucic fights on Youtube. He just creams guys and loves to throw body shots as well. Watch this video and towards the end at the 2:20 mark in slow motion he drills Ruutu. Remember, Lucic is only 20, but I think he was 19 in this video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Watch any of the Lucic fights on Youtube. He just creams guys and loves to throw body shots as well. Watch this video and towards the end at the 2:20 mark in slow motion he drills Ruutu. Remember, Lucic is only 20, but I think he was 19 in this video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

With a name like Milan Lucic, I just figured he was a Euro. I had no idea he was a Western Canada boy born in Vancouver. I have a feeling he is going to be a thorn in the Sabres side for many years to come.

With a name like Milan Lucic, I just figured he was a Euro. I had no idea he was a Western Canada boy born in Vancouver. I have a feeling he is going to be a thorn in the Sabres side for many years to come.

I wonder if the Sabres would give a player like Lucic a second look. They seem to have a "Sabre" type of player in mind. Unfortunately toughness is not in the profile.

There seems to be a Borg like assimilation process with the Sabres. Players with toughness slowly have the toughness drained from them.

I wonder if the Sabres would give a player like Lucic a second look. They seem to have a "Sabre" type of player in mind. Unfortunately toughness is not in the profile.

They might if he were from Buffalo. Though, they didn't go after Orpik ... at least not the right one.

Archived