The new/old jerseys

bigtalljoe

I believe that the first time is supposed to be against Boston on 11/26, but I don't have a link to confirm that. As for how many times, I believe that it's 15. Sorry, feeling really lazy after watching the Sabres game tonight or I'd look it up. :bag:

I think you're right, 11/26, but I'm too lazy to look it up as well, stupid Atlanta.... :death:

I believe that the first time is supposed to be against Boston on 11/26, but I don't have a link to confirm that. As for how many times, I believe that it's 15. Sorry, feeling really lazy after watching the Sabres game tonight or I'd look it up. :bag:

I really wish the NHL would switch back to wearing whites at home, id love to see that white throwback being worn!.....and thanks for the info!

Personally, I wish the Sabres could wear their white throwbacks and blue throwbacks all of the time. :thumbsup:

You may get your wish (and mine):

http://sabresnotslugs.blogspot.com/2008/11...ug-may-die.html

WGR hasn't posted Friday's interview to the Audio Vault yet to confirm. Of course, this could just be a way for Quinn to stir up demand for the thirds.

You may get your wish (and mine):

http://sabresnotslugs.blogspot.com/2008/11...ug-may-die.html

WGR hasn't posted Friday's interview to the Audio Vault yet to confirm. Of course, this could just be a way for Quinn to stir up demand for the thirds.

Sounds like a ploy by Quinn to get more jersey sales. What's the rule again for jersey changes - 1 or 2 years in advance?

Sounds like a ploy by Quinn to get more jersey sales. What's the rule again for jersey changes - 1 or 2 years in advance?

In case anyone cares, this morning I drove by Stewarts Sports in Lewiston and did a double take because they have the new 3rds in their window. I drove around the block to be sure, and yep...they're the new 3rds all right.

By the way, the Islanders are trying to do the same thing, so we can get some help pushing that change through:

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2008/10...classic-design/

Remember the crock Quinn was feeding us a couple years ago, i.e. you can't put a circular logo or bottom stripes on the new Reebok jerseys?

Seems plenty of teams have found a way.... :censored:

Remember the crock Quinn was feeding us a couple years ago, i.e. you can't put a circular logo or bottom stripes on the new Reebok jerseys?

Seems plenty of teams have found a way.... :censored:

After Reebok changed the specs of the jersey. Anaheim and Buffalo got screwed over on that one.

After Reebok changed the specs of the jersey. Anaheim and Buffalo got screwed over on that one.

Yeah, I'd bet money that they are going to return to the updated original logo full time. The whole Reebok uniform "system" rollout was a complete mess, and the Sabres got caught up in the wash.

Yeah, I'd bet money that they are going to return to the updated original logo full time. The whole Reebok uniform "system" rollout was a complete mess, and the Sabres got caught up in the wash.

Larry Quinn was asked on WGR is the "slug" logo was here to stay and he said something to the effect that it was. Whether it be a third jersey or our full time jerseys. It really all depened on how well these new jerseys were received especially with the 40th anniversary coming up.

I have been extremely skeptical of these thirds becoming permanent, but maybe it's more of a reality than I thought.

Penguins are wearing their thirds (basically, the WC baby blue jerseys) tomorrow against us. Be interesting to see what we'll wear. Personally, I think they are light enough that we should wear dark jerseys, perhaps our thirds, but we'll probably wear whites. Would be a really cool time to wear the WC jerseys again or to unveil the super-secret white version of our new thirds (i.e., the primary away jersey for 2010-11 ;) .)

I wish the bills would wear their throwbacks all the time ,id love to see the whites....love the helmet also!......

The throwbacks wouldn't be so bad for the "permanent" jersey, but I'd settle for the 90s style again. I honestly don't mind the current blue jerseys, but the whites with the red on the shoulders is utterly putrid. :sick:

If the Sabres start wearing the original logo again, then maybe the slug one will be cheap on ebay. :thumbsup:

Third jerseys done right:

Canucks

Why do they even have their primary jersey if they're going to use this one too? It's the same exact jersey with different logos. Very strange. Now, I'm not complaining about this 3rd jersey. It's very good, but it just seems strange to have two ridiculously similar jerseys like that. It's going to severely hurt sales of their primary home jersey.

Archived