Center Ice Package

vasabresfan

DirecTV has been more than satisfactory - nice to get the NHL network as a freeby throw-in - 24/7 hockey talk and great wrap up of all the games every night. Beats trying to catch the 30 second wrap up of the entire NHL night on ESPN. Had DishNetwork before & it was ok too - you seemed to get the choice of the Buffalo feed nearly all the time. Forget the cable companies - I don't know how they stay in business compared to what you can get on satellite for less price / more programming.

It seemed last year (Directv) on most nights I was able to catch the Sabres post game show if I surfed around a little. I think I read that they will try to show both feeds for as many games as possible. I hope they show most in HD. I noticed MSG has a MSG+ station that I think is HD and VS has a HD feed as well. Not sure about the NHL channel. Seems like all their programs are in SD.

Can someone tell me if Center Ice Online and Center Ice (DirectTV/Cable) will be integrated this year? I chose NBA League Pass over NHL Center Ice last year cause when I work at my desktop I can watch or I can go to my living room and turn on the tube. Much better value if you like both leagues. NHL is definitely dropping the ball here! It would cost $300 to get that luxury with NHL paying for BOTH center ice packages (as of last year). No fuggen way.

Go Heat and Sabres! (Long story).

Can someone tell me if Center Ice Online and Center Ice (DirectTV/Cable) will be integrated this year? I chose NBA League Pass over NHL Center Ice last year cause when I work at my desktop I can watch or I can go to my living room and turn on the tube. Much better value if you like both leagues. NHL is definitely dropping the ball here! It would cost $300 to get that luxury with NHL paying for BOTH center ice packages (as of last year). No fuggen way.

Go Heat and Sabres! (Long story).

Yeah but NBA is on every night of the week. Usually the game on the national tv broadcast is the game of the night. So it's pretty pointless of buying the basketball package unless you are truly a fan of one team and want to watch majority of their games.

Time warner cable in NC is also showing an early bird renewal price of $159. I think it was less last year. Still well worth it for the out of towners.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Carolinas/p...html?menu=25469

My early renewal from DirecTV is running $159 - is that the best deal everyone else is getting?

I think we've always paid $139, but DirecTV is getting $159 this year. I think it's the same price for everyone. And like others said- it's a great deal for the out-of-towners.

Yeah it went up... I wish DirecTV did not have a monopoly on televising sports packages.

I'm still outraged they charge me so much money for the NFL and then have the nerve to want 100 more to watch the games in HD. All the games are broadcast in their local markets on HD and are FREE. So why should I have to pay for an HD signal?

If ever I get an option to switch from DirecTV to something else and still get the Sabres and Bills, I'll be gone in a New York minute.

Yeah it went up... I wish DirecTV did not have a monopoly on televising sports packages.

I'm still outraged they charge me so much money for the NFL and then have the nerve to want 100 more to watch the games in HD. All the games are broadcast in their local markets on HD and are FREE. So why should I have to pay for an HD signal?

If ever I get an option to switch from DirecTV to something else and still get the Sabres and Bills, I'll be gone in a New York minute.

I think most would which is why DirecTV will never give up the NFL. They will pay whatever the NFL asks for to keep it.

One thing to note that is different this year from last year is the ability to choose between the feed of Buffalo and the opponent. In years past, you where at their mercy most nights as to which feed was available. This year they claim if both teams have a feed they are both available and more HD games in general.

I think we've always paid $139, but DirecTV is getting $159 this year. I think it's the same price for everyone. And like others said- it's a great deal for the out-of-towners.

It is looking like $159 from Comcast in Massachusetts. I usually paid $129 in the opening week deal/free preview phase. <_< I am still pissed off at the amount of blacked out games and non-listed Sabre games during last season. Thankfully we have a (plan B) with all the justin tv, etc. out there. Although the quality is sub-standard and the signal stutters consistently, it is still a great option after WGR online.

Archived