[OT] Womens Olympic Hockey

That Aud Smell

This seems to happen a lot with the "new" hockey programs getting their heads handed to them, so I don't understand why they don't implement a running clock "mercy rule" for these games. Get up by 10 goals, the clock doesn't stop until intermission.

35-0 is a little better looking than 82-0.

Top selections from the comments in the article that That Aud Smell posted--keeping in mind the "no five-hole rule":

1. The Leaves are now in talks with the Bulgarian netminder.

2. I had no idea the LA Kings were on a world tour...

3. Hey...good news for Blues fans, there IS a worst team out there!

4. For those of us who took Slovakia and gave 83, WE LOSE!!!!! *&!% point shavers.

But the five-hole comments were funnier.

What's up with the ref's? Are they women too? They keep pushing the players down all the time. That hit was nothing in the first place IMO, she barely bumps her!

the voice i hear (in the clip, not in my head) calling out penalties to #14 for slovakia and #13 for bulgaria sounds like a woman's voice -- super butch, mind you, but a gal's.

They keep pushing the players down all the time.

i think that's largely a function of the fact that the bulgarians can barely skate.

That hit was nothing in the first place IMO, she barely bumps her!

i agree - it was just a nudge, but then the slovakian must've caught a rut and went down badly - the clip shows her being carried to the locker room. given the score, you get the sense that #13 for bulgaria had done some other stuff that set the stage for the beat down she received.

Archived