Max might be traded next

outlaw16511

Garth from Hockeybuzz is speculating that Max might be packaged with the picks from the Bernier trade in a bigger trade.

Hold on folks this might make sense but knowing the Sabres it doesn't happen.

Well, since the way to build a hockey team is through the draft and getting rid of your veterans, this move wouldn't make sense, right? :wallbash: Look, the fact is, if there is a rumor that the Sabres FO might actually do something beneficial for the team, I suggest you ignore it. Every time one of these rumors comes out, it never materializes. While that site is one with decent info, they are wrong as much as they are right. For example, did this particular speculator say which team or player said trade was possibly for? I didn't see it.

The fact is, any such trade is unlikely. Buffalo's roster is more than likely set now for the season, and we'll be suffering through another year without even sniffing the ass of the playoffs.

Garth from Hockeybuzz is speculating that Max might be packaged with the picks from the Bernier trade in a bigger trade.

He probably asked himself how that Bernier trade could possibly have made sense and this was the only answer that he could come up with.

Well, since the way to build a hockey team is through the draft and getting rid of your veterans, this move wouldn't make sense, right? :wallbash: Look, the fact is, if there is a rumor that the Sabres FO might actually do something beneficial for the team, I suggest you ignore it. Every time one of these rumors comes out, it never materializes. While that site is one with decent info, they are wrong as much as they are right. For example, did this particular speculator say which team or player said trade was possibly for? I didn't see it.

The fact is, any such trade is unlikely. Buffalo's roster is more than likely set now for the season, and we'll be suffering through another year without even sniffing the ass of the playoffs.

They are much more often wrong than they are right. <_<

Put it to you this way: Deluca67 is to Peters what I am to HockeyBuzz(off)

I just have no patience whatsoever for those tea leaf readers.

The Bernier move isn't good. I wanted him on the team regardless of what we do next. Watch that kid end up blossoming in Vancouver and having a great career. Our management blows. Two year removed from 05-06 and we have to be one of the biggest jokes in the league. It's beyond suck what we've done the past 3 off-seasons.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen, but I can tell you I would be shocked to see something big come back in return in that deal except for a prospect (or young player) with potential. Max has little to no value on his own, and will probably only be an assett in deals as a way of evening out salary in a deal. The picks may also be thrown in as a way of getting the other team to take on Max's salary

When you look at the players that were waived before the deadline, I don't see Max having much value on the trade market to a team, although after Darcy's comments about him, I'm starting to think that they are trying to come up with ways to convince people he is still worth keeping around. That may be their best way of getting something for him. keep him around and try to showcase him hoping last year was an off year and his value may increase at the deadline

Garth from Hockeybuzz is speculating that Max might be packaged with the picks from the Bernier trade in a bigger trade.Hold on folks this might make sense but knowing the Sabres it doesn't happen.

Why the :censored: would someone rather have a 2nd and a 3rd round pick instead of a good player with great upside like Bernier? I've been a FO defender, but this just doesn't make sense.

Come On...Max, Mac, a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for what? Nobody wants those players and those picks.

I think you're putting a little too much stock in Eklund. Actually any stock in Eklund is too much.

Why the :censored: would someone rather have a 2nd and a 3rd round pick instead of a good player with great upside like Bernier? I've been a FO defender, but this just doesn't make sense.

Maybe because not everyone sees bernier as such a great player like most do here, or that they realise that all he is at this point is potential, and potential is no guarantee of anything.

Seems like the Hype machine that went into full force when Bernier came her to convince fans that the Sabres got equal (or potentially equal) value in the Campbell deal did its job. Besides his first game, did he show any signs of being close to reaching this potential that most feel he will become?

In the Short Time he was here his presence was felt more then someone like Max.

True, although that's not saying much.

Say what you will, I'd take the chance of Max having a season like 05-06/06-07 over Bernier suddenly becoming a superstar.

So the choices are: established veteran player returns to form or young player suddenly leaps to superstardom? Seems like a fair analogy.

Had both been in Buffalo this year I would put even money that Max would not have outscored Bernier by more than five goals in a similar number of games.

True, although that's not saying much.

So the choices are: established veteran player returns to form or young player suddenly leaps to superstardom? Seems like a fair analogy.

Had both been in Buffalo this year I would put even money that Max would not have outscored Bernier by more than five goals in a similar number of games.

Well as you may or may not know, but I have stated before, I am an avid Max fan and therefor bias. He and Connolly (go figure) have been my favorite Sabres for years. Personally I think they're both exceptionally talented. Afinogenov had a terrible year. That doesn't mean he's a terrible player. (And, just to note, I also think the numbers Connolly puts up when healthy speak for themselves.)

Bernier on the other hand... he has potential. He's already proven he can throw his body around and take a beating. But bottom line is he is most likely a 3rd/4th line player, maybe 2nd on some teams. I don't expect him to blossom into the next Joe Sakic. And to be quite honest, I didn't think he'd fit in here from the start.

Bernier on the other hand... he has potential. He's already proven he can throw his body around and take a beating. But bottom line is he is most likely a 3rd/4th line player, maybe 2nd on some teams. I don't expect him to blossom into the next Joe Sakic. And to be quite honest, I didn't think he'd fit in here from the start.

I have no problem with the point you're trying to make, but you really should pick a different player than Joe Sakic.

Say what you will, I'd take the chance of Max having a season like 05-06/06-07 over Bernier suddenly becoming a superstar.

Do you have information the rest of us don't? Is the NHL going back to calling the game as it did right after the lockout. :wallbash:

Come On...Max, Mac, a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for what? Nobody wants those players and those picks.

Don't forget Timmy.

The Sabres have to do something to regain the size they just gave away. Don't they? They can't seriously be considering going into another NHL season with Max and Connolly? Is there a deadline coming up that would soften the cap hit if they waived or bought them out?

Archived