Besides hockey...

PASabreFan

I was a young boy at the very first Sabres game. Played center and wore #11 all through my playing days, and to this day still believe Perreault was the 2nd coming.

I'm thrilled when they win, miserable when they lose.....

My Dad was very well known, so season tix to Sabs, Bills, events, etc.. were the norm.

Even got to skate with the 70's teams during a few of their practices.

In real life, I'm a photographer and rock radio DJ, both of which I love immensely....

Seen and photographed some incredible concerts during the years, met the majority of rock bands that I idolized in my younger days.

Other than that, I golf, ride a touring motorcycle, and scream and cry during Bills games.

• 3 months later...

I follow the Sabres and Bills as well as I can here in WV...and rely on this site and TBD

for good information and discussions.

Other sporting interests include golf, bowling and soccer.

I coached my daughters in youth soccer and then became a referee.

I referee HS soccer and that keeps me busy in the fall.

The local HS has a strong sports program so Mrs. Lew and I attend

a lot of the basketball games....

I graduated from Lewiston Porter HS in 1971,,,hence the name I use.

So did Mrs. Lew as we were / are HS sweethearts...

We have 1 dog, 3 cats and a bird...Although the bird is a tempting treat for

the cats who continually look for a weakness in the cage.

My turn.

I have loved the sabres and bills equally since i can remember. I have not waivered in my allegiance to the bills through their suckitude, or through the sabres financial issues. My family is close to the knox family, larry quinn, and lindy ruff is my old neighbor... I feel a closer personal connection to the sabres than the bills, but my blood will always be red, whiteand royal blue.

Buffalo is only 11 hours away, youngstown, oh (her town) is 9, so drives home are saved for summer, christmas, and easter vacation. And damn, i need a mighty taco now.

I'll go next...

Bill, 31, originally from Niagara Falls, my wife is originally from Penfield, NY (just outside Roch-cha-cha), and we are soon to be formerly from Orlando, as we are packing up the moving truck next week and moving back to the Northeast, just south of Cleveland...so that will put us in pretty good position to make it back for a few regular season and playoff games this year...in fact, after apartment hunting late last week, we headed back into Niagara Falls/North Tonawanda area to spend time with the family, and Friday afternoon we missed the tornado by about 20 minutes (thanks to the world class NYS Toll Booth system and the copious amounts of pepsi that were ready to leave my system - 10 minutes at the toll booths coupled with 10 minutes at the Angola rest stop = missed the twister...)

Corp - I understand your frustration with the road trip distances - for us to come home at Christmas, it was about a 20-22 hour drive, depending on traffic, how tired we got, etc. That limited us to one road trip home per year, usually around the holidays. Now we are looking at 3 - 4 hours tops, which means our first Thanksgiving with our families in about 5 years, and making it home for weddings, births, etc.

BTW, we ate at Mighty Taco yesterday, and it wasn't very good - I was very disappointed.

I had a sheltie when i was a child, up to a few years ago. Great great dog. Best companion i ever had. He was the miracle dog too... They found a bladder tumor that was cancerous when he was about 4 or 5. Gave the dog 3 months to live. My mom rejected puitting him under and doing the surgery. Well, he lived to be about 15, finally dying of cancer. He was published in a veterinary journal too. I forget what it was called, because the end happened after i was gone for college and pretty much moved out. I would never get a dog that wasn't a sheltie.

My biggest passion outside of sports is my dog, Buster. Great dog, very friendly, strong as heck, and also a miracle dog - survived a case of parvo when he was a puppy. (For those of you who aren't familiar with the parvovirus, check out this link - it is a really nasty disease, with survival chances around 50-50.)

As for sports - huge Bills & Sabres fan, and as an alumnus, a huge fan of all things Florida State (including the women's softball team... ;) ) and also big into Playstation 2 games, and WWII movies & books.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the Sabres, play hockey every week, yada yada yada

In my spare time from that, I'm a Ph.D. graduate student studying plasma physics at the University of Wisconsin. I'm a big Badger hockey fan. Phil Kessel can go to hell. I went to UB, so I'm excited about how UB is going to receive the worst football pounding in sports history when they come to Camp Randall in November.

I enjoy fishing. I camp. I hike. I shoot. On ludicrously long roadtrips, I'm the driver that drives the entire way because he enjoys doing it. Later in life, I'll put over 60k highway miles on a 1970 Dodge Challenger.

I listen to music. My blue collar Buffalo genes listen to classic rock. My brain cells enjoy classical. I miss having five classic rock stations.

Like any reasonable person, whether the Sabres win or lose has no affect on my mood the following day, but if the Sabres don't win a cup in the next 40 years, I'm going to burn down the league offices in Manhattan and de-ball Gary Bettman, even if he's already dead.

Archived