OT-What current Sabres will still be on the roster in 3 years?

Chief Enabler

Put on your spacesuit on here, were talking 2011-2012 Opening Day here. We know the current contracts of Vanek, Roy, Hecht and thats about it right now. Other than that I think its fairly open. Now that we have a more pieces to the puzzle, what direction does this draft lead us?

Miller

Vanek-Roy-Pominville

Max-Kotalik-Connolly

Mair-Stafford-Paille

Kaleta-Hecht-MacArthur

Peters-Ryan-Gaustad-Bernier

Spacek-Paetsch

Lydman-Tallinder

Weber-Sekera

Pratt-Teppo

Most likely prospects to make the team:

F- Gerbe,Kennedy, Gragnani, Tropp, Ennis, Gogulla, Adam, Zagrapan, Mancari, Schutz

D-Persson, Butler, Brennan, Myers,Schnietzel, MacKenzie

G-Enroth

Sabres prospects

My mostly likely out are striked through, Paetsch, Peters & Ryan are real close to the unofficial axe <_<

Feel free to put your roster together for giggles :lol:

Put on your spacesuit on here, were talking 2011-2012 Opening Day here. We know the current contracts of Vanek, Roy and thats about it right now. Other than that I think its fairly open.

Hecht's extension is through 2011-2012.

Unless Connolly has an 82 game, break-out year, I doubt they will take another chance on him when his contract comes up next year. We also have enough forwards in the system that Kotalik may be out by default, especially if he expects any serious money next year. Lydman and Tallinder will have to show a lot more over the next two years than they did this year if they expect to be Sabres beyond 2009-10. Spacek could stay, but he will be 37 at that point.

I'll throw up a roster later.

inkman's 2011-2012 SaBres

Miller-Enroth

Vanek-Roy-Pominville

Kennedy-Stafford-Paille

Gerbe-Hecht-Gragnani

Kaleta-Gaustad-Bernier

MacArthur

Weber-Sekera

Free Agent-Butler

Myers-Brennan

Funk

I'm sure it will look nothing like this but what the heck.

My one complaint is that there is no way they stay completely in house for their forwards. I don't have a clue who it will be, but more than one player from outside the current organization will be skating up front for us over the next 3 years.

inkman's 2011-2012 SaBres

Miller-Enroth

Vanek-Roy-Pominville

Kennedy-Stafford-Paille

Gerbe-Hecht-Gragnani

Kaleta-Gaustad-Bernier

MacArthur

Weber-Sekera

Teppo-Butler

Myers-Brennan

Funk

Fixed....Couldn't help myself.

Teppo coming up on his 40th! In this theory he'll be 43; thats not to far fetched :blush:

They've come a long way since the Jarvik 7 heart....he'll play till he's 58!

With a season off for a bypass, transplant, etc. here and there he'll keep on tickin'. ;)

seriously though...

I expect Miller, Pomminstein, Roy, Vanek, Tallinder, Sekera and Stafford to be around.

They've come a long way since the Jarvik 7 heart....he'll play till he's 58!

Have you seen the Jarvik 2000?

http://www.jarvikheart.com/basic.asp?section=Jarvik+2000

It's really cool! Doesn't replace your whole heart, but is instead a very small pump with one moving part that allows supplemental flow of blood. It has an adjustment that you can crank up for more flow during high exertion periods.

Have you seen the Jarvik 2000?

http://www.jarvikheart.com/basic.asp?section=Jarvik+2000

It's really cool! Doesn't replace your whole heart, but is instead a very small pump with one moving part that allows supplemental flow of blood. It has an adjustment that you can crank up for more flow during high exertion periods.

Nice. :)

Maybe 58 is a little conservative. Can Teppo draw social security?

I agree with that and have my doubts about Stafford if only because he may be the only thing they are willing to move that has value to someone else.

He does probably have the most value that they "would be willing to" move out of all these guys. I still don't think they will move him based on some of the comments that were made by Regier.

The person expected to deliver that message the strongest is Drew Stafford. The right winger has been in the NHL for a season and a half, and it might seem strange for a guy who played for Team USA at the world championships to attend what's essentially a rookie camp. But Stafford is just 22, and last season wasn't the best with 38 points in 64 games.

"I think he'd be a good leader for the other guys to look at," Regier said. "he's still in a learning period and a growing process, and it's important for him to be there for himself and it's important for him to be there for the younger players."

The fact that they want him to be a role model for the younger guys and have him go to the summer development camp makes me think that they have big plans for Stafford in the future.

Archived