3rd Round: Pick #81 - D Cory Fienhage

SabreNod

Nod? What's up? You don't strike me as a draft nut.

Tommy baby. Yea, I've followed the draft since 2003. The draft is always more interesting looking back, where you can see the hidden gems revealed...and the skill of your team's front office. (We've fared very well on a hit/miss ratio relative to other teams, and you constantly hear in broadcast commentary.) I probably paid more attention to this draft than any previous draft, mostly because of all the hype of this draft being uncommonly deep and talented.

North Dakota's been an NHL factory over recent years, so that should help his development. It seems like they've produced more forwards though, so we'll see where that one goes.

I wonder if that goes into the decision process of the Sabres. If he were going to a lessor school I wonder if the Sabres draft him.

I wonder if that goes into the decision process of the Sabres. If he were going to a lessor school I wonder if the Sabres draft him.

It can't hurt, but I doubt it carries very much weight. They took a Mankato player later, and they might as well be the complete opposite of that factory up in Grand Forks.

Archived