Draft experts

JoeFerguson

TSN usually does a good job in their draft coverage, but right now I'm still finding a lot of their coverage from the '07 Draft...if you go to the main page at TSN.CA/NHL and look about 1/2way down on the right there are a handful of articles on prospect rankings and the lottery.

Wonder if the Sabres will use their two first round picks to trade up into the top 10. It wouldn't suck to nab Doughty or Bogozian.

I agree but you will have to get into the top 5 at least to get those guys. You may have to include both picks and Max to do that, which I would do.

If you really need every detail go to nhlpa.com and click on "Collective Bargaining Agreement" on the left. Search for "Article 8". Its about 6 pages, so it won't take long to read.

For player information, go with wolfy's suggestion.

I agree but you will have to get into the top 5 at least to get those guys. You may have to include both picks and Max to do that, which I would do.

So would I. Watching the cup playoffs, it's clear the Sabres need to get bigger and tougher.

Wonder if the Sabres will use their two first round picks to trade up into the top 10. It wouldn't suck to nab Doughty or Bogozian.

Unlikely, but

The only scenario I think could possibly play out would be moving into #5 or #6 and trading with Columbus or NY Islanders. I don't really see that happening though, nobody in the top 10 picks can really afford to be patient with development by moving down unless they are getting a player already in the league that can help them right away.

Unlikely, but

The only scenario I think could possibly play out would be moving into #5 or #6 and trading with Columbus or NY Islanders. I don't really see that happening though, nobody in the top 10 picks can really afford to be patient with development by moving down unless they are getting a player already in the league that can help them right away.

It would be nice if CLB or NYI was interested in a Max deal. CLB isnt that bad, they are close to contention. IMO.

Archived