Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Three games tonight, thanks to Monday's light schedule...

Tuesday's Games

Pittsburgh at New York, Game 3 (Pittsburgh leads 2-0); 7 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

San Jose at Dallas, Game 3 (Dallas leads 2-0); 7:30 p.m. ET, Center Ice (no national coverage) - Preview

Detroit at Colorado, Game 3 (Detroit leads 2-0); 10 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

NHL Scoreboard

Colorado expects to have Forsberg and Hannan back in the lineup tonight, but will be without Ryan Smyth (foot injury) and still no Wojtek Wolski.

Two steps forward and two back.

Wow, I see Campbell is still throwing the big hits - wait, I guess he was on the receiving end this time. No worries - he still managed to knock his teammate out in the same collision...Can someone get Rivet some smelling salts>

That was really an impressive win by the Guins tonight. NY had some real momentum in the game, and Pittsburgh played rope-a-dope with them. When NY got it to 3-3, I thought they had a chance, but Pitt came right back with a goal. They were very sound defensively. They killed a bunch of penalties including a 5-4, 5-3, 5-4, 5-3, 5-4 sequence back-to-back over about 4 minutes of game clock... Heck they didn't allow a SOG over the last nine minutes of the game.

Stick a fork in NY is done.

It is clear I underestimated how good this Pitt team is. I remember Ottawa rolling through the playoffs last year thinking how good they looked. This Pitt team is more impressive. They are getting scoring from all four lines. Even Laraque got one tonight...

That was really an impressive win by the Guins tonight. NY had some real momentum in the game, and Pittsburgh played rope-a-dope with them. When NY got it to 3-3, I thought they had a chance, but Pitt came right back with a goal. They were very sound defensively. They killed a bunch of penalties including a 5-4, 5-3, 5-4, 5-3, 5-4 sequence back-to-back over about 4 minutes of game clock... Heck they didn't allow a SOG over the last nine minutes of the game.

Stick a fork in NY is done.

It is clear I underestimated how good this Pitt team is. I remember Ottawa rolling through the playoffs last year thinking how good they looked. This Pitt team is more impressive. They are getting scoring from all four lines. Even Laraque got one tonight...

Yup, what he said! :thumbsup:

That Montreal-Philly series is still very much in doubt, IMO.

I don't know... I don't recognize that Montreal team that is playing now... They look lifeless. Philly has outplayed them in all three games (remember they blew a lead in game one). Price looks price-less. I thought Montreal was the team to beat with their PP. That has been pretty quiet and Philly just seems to get the bounces and the goals.

I don't know... I don't recognize that Montreal team that is playing now... They look lifeless. Philly has outplayed them in all three games (remember they blew a lead in game one). Price looks price-less. I thought Montreal was the team to beat with their PP. That has been pretty quiet and Philly just seems to get the bounces and the goals.

Ya, Price suddenly looks human. And Marty looks like superman, which is cool with me. Hate to pull for the Flyers, but that's how it goes sometimes.

I don't know... I don't recognize that Montreal team that is playing now... They look lifeless. Philly has outplayed them in all three games (remember they blew a lead in game one). Price looks price-less. I thought Montreal was the team to beat with their PP. That has been pretty quite and Philly just seems to get the bounces and the goals.

Montreal looked 100x better in the 3rd period the other night than they had in the previous 4-5 periods before that. They outshot Philly 17-2 and hit a couple posts - if they can pick up where they left off, they should be fine. Right now Marty and the Flyers are getting the bounces, but there is still a lot of hockey left.

Price does need to sharpen his game - and fast - but I am guessing that Carbonneau will keep Price on a short leash in Game 4.

Montreal looked 100x better in the 3rd period the other night than they had in the previous 4-5 periods before that. They outshot Philly 17-2 and hit a couple posts - if they can pick up where they left off, they should be fine. Right now Marty and the Flyers are getting the bounces, but there is still a lot of hockey left.

Price does need to sharpen his game - and fast - but I am guessing that Carbonneau will keep Price on a short leash in Game 4.

I hate to burst the Habs' bubble, but Carey Price does not appear to be the Second Coming of Ken Dryden and Patrick "The Thug" Roy.

I hate to burst the Habs' bubble, but Carey Price does not appear to be the Second Coming of Ken Dryden and Patrick "The Thug" Roy.

I'm not sold on him either, mainly due to the same thing that haunted Marty during his career (pretty much up till this playoffs) - consistency. When Price is on he's very good; when he's not he seems very average.

Stick a fork in SJ...sorry Soupy.

Can someone - ANYONE - in a Colorado uniform COVER JOHAN FRANZEN? Jeez... :wallbash:

Wow! BM... That is exactly what I was gonna say!

And add:

They played Soupy 33 minutes... Things look so unbalanced ice-time wise vs. what the Stars are putting out there.

You know, I really hate when refs put their whistles away late in the 3rd. When the fugg are they going to realize that not calling obvious penalties decides the game just as much as calling ticky-tack crap?

Man did Detroit make Colorado look bad in the last minute. They couldn't get the puck out of their own zone to get their goalie to the bench.

When Detroit wants to control the puck, they really lock it down. Their puck possession is better than any team I can remember in a long time - almost reminds you of the old USSR teams.

You know, I really hate when refs put their whistles away late in the 3rd. When the fugg are they going to realize that not calling obvious penalties decides the game just as much as calling ticky-tack crap?

Get rid of the instigator rule first... Then don't call any penalties except the REALLY flagrant and let the stuff sort itself out on the ice...

Sure you would see a rough transition at first... But, man would it be great to watch once things adjusted.

Intimidation and fear would be back... The wheat would be separated from the chaff!

Get rid of the instigator rule first... Then don't call any penalties except the REALLY flagrant and let the stuff sort itself out on the ice...

Sure you would see a rough transition at first... But, man would it be great to watch once things adjusted.

Intimidation and fear would be back... The wheat would be separated from the chaff!

Meh...I don't want to see the league turn into the Federal League (or the Ligue Nord-Am?ricaine de Hockey)...I just want to see penalties called that are penalties...I have no problem with them loosening up the ridiculous hooking standard a little, but these open-ice tackles that the refs look the other way on...frankly they disgust me.

Archived