Kane, Stempniak, 3 Sabres on Team USA

Knightrider

They probably want a goalie who doesn't stay so deep in his net. Or is it play too far out? I forget what his weakness is this week.

Well he gives up too many goals on his high glove side. Or his low blocker side. Or is it the 5-hole? Like you said, it's hard to tell what his weakness is this week.

Well he gives up too many goals on his high glove side. Or his low blocker side. Or is it the 5-hole? Like you said, it's hard to tell what his weakness is this week.

I wish we had a goalie that never let any goals in. If he does want to let one in every game, at least have it go in a different spot. If you give up 2 glove side goals in a week, other teams will be able to pick our your tendencies and exploit you.

Are you surprised at Pominville because he's playing for the USA and not Canada? He's a mixed breed: one parent is Canadian, while the other is American.

We should tell Pommer, Goose and Drew to remind Kane how great living and playing is in upstate NY, so that he will asked to be traded over here. ;)

Are you surprised at Pominville because he's playing for the USA and not Canada? He's a mixed breed: one parent is Canadian, while the other is American.

We should tell Pommer, Goose and Drew to remind Kane how great living and playing is in upstate NY, so that he will asked to be traded over here. ;)

Yeah. I figured he'd be on the Canadian team...

Yeah. I figured he'd be on the Canadian team...

Those Canadian teams are usually really talented and deep, so his chances of playing a lot are probably better with Team USA. Plus he might be trying to get his foot in the door for the next Olympics...

Nah they finally realized his eyes are uneven, he was willing to play but they didn't want him <_<

I wish we had a goalie that never let any goals in. If he does want to let one in every game, at least have it go in a different spot. If you give up 2 glove side goals in a week, other teams will be able to pick our your tendencies and exploit you.

Ahhh, the search for the Sidd Finch of goalies - the mythical 82-0-0, 0.00 GAA, 1.000 save percentage goalie continues...

I think, as much as reading some of the posts on this website beg to differ, that Miller's season was an equal opportunity offender in terms of where goals where scored. He let in a bunch up high, a bunch down low, some to glove side, some to stick side, some (not as many in years' past) through the 5-hole...I think he'll work on the goals allowed up high (not necessarily to one side or the other) because as his GP workload increased, the fatigue seemed to have him dropping a bit too early (allowing goals high) and then was slow to recover (allowing rebound goals.)

Those Canadian teams are usually really talented and deep, so his chances of playing a lot are probably better with Team USA. Plus he might be trying to get his foot in the door for the next Olympics...

He's got the stats... the last two years he's averaged 75 pts and a +21. I don't think there are too many not in the playoffs with numbers like those...

Of the assumed Canadians not in the playoffs: Vinnie L., St. Louis, and Roy are the only ones with better numbers this year.

WRT Miller, he got run down and had a tough start. He shouldn't be playing that many games. Period.

He's got the stats... the last two years he's averaged 75 pts and a +21. I don't think there are too many not in the playoffs with numbers like those...

Of the assumed Canadians not in the playoffs: Vinnie L., St. Louis, and Roy are the only ones with better numbers this year.

WRT Miller, he got run down and had a tough start. He shouldn't be playing that many games. Period.

Totally agree on Miller.

The more I think about it, the more I think his decision to play with Team USA is setting himself up to play in the next Olympics. He has the stats to play on this this Team Canada, but I doubt he would make the regular roster or play much if he was on Canada in the 2012 Olympics. Team USA is much more likely to be in need of skill and goal scorers than Canada will at the next Olympics, so he might be playing USA now to get in good with USA Hockey and campaign for a spot on the Olympic team.

I'm not surprised at all about Pommer going, but Gausted????

I'm guessing they weren't trying to build a puss filled all-star team, but rather a NHL type roster (outside of Buffalo) that would keep players in roles they are comfortable with.

Archived