A quote from an NHL Owner who's team missed the playoffs this year

rickshaw

"I'm pretty passionate about the game and I want to win as much as anyone. The message here is that I do care. The goal is to win the Stanley Cup and we're going to be relentless and resilient in getting there. This is a setback. But just because we're down now, doesn't mean we're giving up. We'll bounce back."

It's about time Golisano came out and ......................wait a second. My bad. That isn't a quote from the Sabres' owner. It's a quote from the Canucks new owner. If only our owner had the same views.

"I'm pretty passionate about the game and I want to win as much as anyone. The message here is that I do care. The goal is to win the Stanley Cup and we're going to be relentless and resilient in getting there. This is a setback. But just because we're down now, doesn't mean we're giving up. We'll bounce back."

It's about time Golisano came out and ......................wait a second. My bad. That isn't a quote from the Sabres' owner. It's a quote from the Canucks new owner. If only our owner had the same views.

I think Golisano's quote would probably read "As long as I'm making money, ahahahahaha!!!!".

It never ceases to amaze me how buffalo sports fans always think "they" (anyone other than bills/sabres management and coaches) are better, or doing a better job, then "us". So many fans seem to believe that the grass is always greener on the other side. If Golisano had uttered those same exact words, people would find a way to complain about it.

I think Golisano's quote would probably read "As long as I'm making money, ahahahahaha!!!!".

Really? Then why did me match the offer by Edmonton for Vanek? Why did we go back to blue and gold? Why are ticket prices reasonable unlike

so many other cities? Why does the city of Buffalo still have a team?

Quit blaming Tom and look to the formation of the team- that's our problem, and this offseason will tell us whether or not

Regier or Quinn are getting fired or not!

Really? Then why did me match the offer by Edmonton for Vanek? Why did we go back to blue and gold? Why are ticket prices reasonable unlike

Quit blaming Tom and look to the formation of the team- that's our problem, and this offseason will tell us whether or not

First off, if we had a management team that knew when and how to offer/create contracts, it wouldn't have even came to giving Vanek a $49 million dollar deal.

Why did we go back to Blue/Gold, to make more money with a brand new jersey.

Why has Tom been avoiding the media?

First off, if we had a management team that knew when and how to offer/create contracts, it wouldn't have even came to giving Vanek a $49 million dollar deal.

Why did we go back to Blue/Gold, to make more money with a brand new jersey.

Why has Tom been avoiding the media?

looks like you were right, sabrenod. how about a prediction for the upcoming playoffs?

TG is not the worst owner, or the main problem (the other 2 guys are) but......

- they matched Vaneks because they had to. They publically sayed they would match any offer given to him (Edmonton called their bluff. They could have let him go, but they would have risked a PR nightmare and a virtually empty arena every night if they let Briere, Drury, and Vanek leave in one offseason, and would be considered hypocrites and liars for not doing what they said and matching any offer

- Going back to Blue and Gold? More money for new Jerseys. New uniforms means more money from merchandice sales as everyone goes out to update their wardrobe

- Ticket sales are low cause of a couple reasons. Test the market and see what the area can afford, and to build back a fan base that was getting scarce because of the previous criminal owners

- City of Buffalo still has a team because they have fans willing to support the team, they haven't been priced out of the area yet, and because they found a guy with the extra money who was willing to make the investment to save the team after he unsuccessfully tried to run for office and lost (maybe to build up some good will with the area for a later bid?) and to protect his own local buisness (Paychex). Also at the time, there weren't many others looking at getting the team, it was between him and Hamister, Basillie wasn't around back then looking to bring home a franchise.

Guest Sloth

Pittsburg taking the Cup? There is not one team in the East that has the size to compete w/ a team from the West, during a 7 game series. Looked at what happened to Ottawa last year when they played the Ducks. The Cup winner will be San Jose or Detroit. Last time I checked San Jose was on fire, so my pick is San Jose.

Pittsburg taking the Cup? There is not one team in the East that has the size to compete w/ a team from the West, during a 7 game series. Looked at what happened to Ottawa last year when they played the Ducks. The Cup winner will be San Jose or Detroit. Last time I checked San Jose was on fire, so my pick is San Jose.

That was last year. The year before, the Canes took out the Oilers.

Archived