Vanek played hurt

rbochan

"You?ve played with a hip-inury through the last few weeks and months but didn?t tell the media. What kind of injury is it exactly and how handicaped were you by it?"

Thomas: It?s a swelling between hip and groin. You get used to the pain and just keep on playing, but I?ll definitely need some weeks rest after the Division I Worlcup in Innsbruck (Austria).

clicky clicky

"You?ve played with a hip-inury through the last few weeks and months but didn?t tell the media. What kind of injury is it exactly and how handicaped were you by it?"

Thomas: It?s a swelling between hip and groin. You get used to the pain and just keep on playing, but I?ll definitely need some weeks rest after the Division I Worlcup in Innsbruck (Austria).

clicky clicky

Maybe that's the reason for the infamous Vanek face.

clicky clicky

Last few months??? Didn't he turn it on in February and March? So, who's going to rough him up in September to get him in peak scoring shape?

I honestly don't know what to think. No one hears anything about this, especially when he goes on his February tear, but the day after the season ends he tells his own personal website that he was injured "for weeks and months?"

If he's got an injury, maybe he shouldn't play in the World Cup or World Championship or whatever B-league tournament Austria is going to.

Seriously, if he is legitimately hurt, then WTF is he thinking? Did the Sabres sign off on an injured Vanek going to the IIHF World Cup? National pride or not, TV is a $50M investment by the Sabres.

I honestly don't know what to think. No one hears anything about this, especially when he goes on his February tear, but the day after the season ends he tells his own personal website that he was injured "for weeks and months?"

Seriously, if he is legitimately hurt, then WTF is he thinking? Did the Sabres sign off on an injured Vanek going to the IIHF World Cup? National pride or not, TV is a $50M investment by the Sabres.

Everyone is hurt by the end of the year.

I wouldn't put too much into it. He has a lot of support back home and he's getting married.

He needs a hockey reason not to show up for the national side.

Hypothetically, if these guys were to get hurt at the World Championships, and they sustained an injury that prevented them from starting the season, could they be suspended? The injury is hockey related, but was sustained in a non-NHL game where their contracts are not covered. So if Vanek were to miss time at the start, can he be suspended? How does this work?

Everyone is hurt by the end of the year.

I wouldn't put too much into it. He has a lot of support back home and he's getting married.

He needs a hockey reason not to show up for the national side.

X, you and I both know there is a difference between "hurt" and "banged up at the end of the year." If TV is just banged up then the comments about his hip/groin sound more like excuses, but if he is legitimately hurt, then the Sabres need to know about it and need to sign off on whether he can participate in any hockey-related activities.

I'm not sure what you mean by the other comments - about "support back home" and "getting married." What do those things have to do with him playing in a tournament while injured? I couldn't care less if he travels back home in the offseason, but I'm real concerned that a guy who is the cornerstone of our franchise might be playing hurt in a non-NHL event.

X, you and I both know there is a difference between "hurt" and "banged up at the end of the year." If TV is just banged up then the comments about his hip/groin sound more like excuses, but if he is legitimately hurt, then the Sabres need to know about it and need to sign off on whether he can participate in any hockey-related activities.

I'm not sure what you mean by the other comments - about "support back home" and "getting married." What do those things have to do with him playing in a tournament while injured? I couldn't care less if he travels back home in the offseason, but I'm real concerned that a guy who is the cornerstone of our franchise might be playing hurt in a non-NHL event.

My bad. I read that wrong watching the lottery.

I thought it was saying he was resting - not playing in World's.

It says he is playing.

As Rosanna-Rosanna Danna would say: Nevermind. :)

I'm also the guy that can't subtract 4 from 13. :blush:

My bad. I read that wrong watching the lottery.

I thought it was saying he was resting - not playing in World's.

It says he is playing.

As Rosanna-Rosanna Danna would say: Nevermind. :)

I'm also the guy that can't subtract 4 from 13. :blush:

No worries - I figured you were doing something else, since I couldn't quite understand what you were saying.

Even the Sherpa posts while distracted. ;)

Yeah, this seems like a pretty jackass move, and frankly I'll be surprised if the Sabres don't have a serious talk or two with him.

I hope that is a translation thing because it sounds like something a 4 year old would say.

I knew if a Vanek thread came up you'd be lurking. Infact i was reading thru the thread and surprised I didn't see more vitirol and hate from you.

Archived