USA vs. Sweden (02/19)

Corp000085

Its closing in on the end of the first and the swedish team is up 1-0 on a US team that seems to be mailing it in.

Henrik Lundqvist

Mikael Tellqvist

Christian Backman

Niclas Havelid

Kenny Jonsson

Nicklas Lidstrom

Daniel Tjarnqvist

Mattias Norstrom

Mattias Ohlund

Daniel Alfredsson

Per-Johan Axelsson

Peter Forsberg

Mika Hannula

Jorgen Jonsson

Fredrik Modin

Tomas Holmstrom

Samuel Pahlsson

Mikael Samuelsson

Daniel Sedin

Henrik Sedin

Mats Sundin

Henrik Zetterberg

That is a pretty good lineup.

I think coaching for Team USA is horrid. The Gionta-Gomez line played all four minutes of the two 5-on-3's. You should only be out for 45 seconds to a minute and get off.

Again, Drury's played only 5 minutes so far but each time he's out there he's making stuff happen. He's leading the olympics with a 79% in winning faceoffs.

For whatever reason Drury and Guerin are in the dog house.

What a joke.

Lets play the same line for 75% of the game. That team needs a big shakeup. If the top two lines who get all the ice team can't score, they need to let the other guys play.

I feel bad for Drury, Guerin, Blake, and Conroy. They don't get the ice time they deserve.

Guest hockeymaven

What a joke.

Lets play the same line for 75% of the game. That team needs a big shakeup. If the top two lines who get all the ice team can't score, they need to let the other guys play.

I feel bad for Drury, Guerin, Blake, and Conroy. They don't get the ice time they deserve.

I feel good for the Sabres that Drury is not being worn out by the Olympics. The Olympics is a waste of time if you just plan on throwing a bunch of guys together with no practices or team feeling.

BTW, I am impressed with Eric Cole. Thank goodness Ryan Miller isn't there also. Goaltending is not the US problem.

I think coaching for Team USA is horrid. The Gionta-Gomez line played all four minutes of the two 5-on-3's. You should only be out for 45 seconds to a minute and get off.

Again, Drury's played only 5 minutes so far but each time he's out there he's making stuff happen. He's leading the olympics with a 79% in winning faceoffs.

For whatever reason Drury and Guerin are in the dog house.

OMG seriously wtf is up with coaching??? Like seriously, you nailed it on the coffin man, the PP lines, the Guerin/Drury doghouse and even Mark Parrish.

I love Gionta. But, Gomez? I think he's a good player, but to be on each power play? When did Gomez become a lethal weapon to play on the power plays each and every time?

The point man on the PP's are horrid. Schiender and Modano played MOST of the 2nd 5v3 for most of the 2min. Modano was making wild passes and Schniender ALWAYS got out of position and takes way too long to pass it. God this team is so hard to watch.

Archived