GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

inkman

That was a good road period even though we were at home. For the most part, it was a very smart period, but we had about 2 defensive zone lapses that very easily could have turned into Montreal goals. Got to play smarter in our end and keep peppering Price. It looks like it's going to be a deflection goal as he is on his game tonight. Just need to get that first goal and continue playing smart.

You have to wonder if a night off or two may have been better in the long run.

Agreed 100%. I posted in yesterday's GDT that some of us - you, me and a few others - started saying back in early February that he needed a few games off here and there, and the response from a few others was "ride him till he falls over." Well that's happening now, and at the worst possible time. He's trying to fight through it, but you can see the fatigue (whether it's mental, physical or emotional) taking its toll - he drops down a hair too early, over commits, his angles are a little off, his focus seems a little off.

Miller doesn't need to play 70+ games to be a no.1 franchise guy. If we find a competent backup that can give us 15-18 quality starts, that would put Ryan at a very comfortable 64-67 games played, which I think is just about right. He's gonna finish with what, 77 games this year? That's way too many.

Agreed 100%. I posted in yesterday's GDT that some of us - you, me and a few others - started saying back in early February that he needed a few games off here and there, and the response from a few others was "ride him till he falls over." Well that's happening now, and at the worst possible time. He's trying to fight through it, but you can see the fatigue (whether it's mental, physical or emotional) taking its toll - he drops down a hair too early, over commits, his angles are a little off, his focus seems a little off.

Miller doesn't need to play 70+ games to be a no.1 franchise guy. If we find a competent backup that can give us 15-18 quality starts, that would put Ryan at a very comfortable 64-67 games played, which I think is just about right. He's gonna finish with what, 77 games this year? That's way too many.

If you play 70+ games a year, you're just going to disappear in the playoffs.

He looks a little unsure of the system or something, but the more I see of Bernier the more I like his potential. I see a lot of good little plays and a lot of good plays along the wall and in front of the net that show some good instincts and hands.

Archived