Brodeur is Human?

EdwardSauve

From the Buffalo News:

?He?s human,? Miller said of Brodeur. ?He?s a very good goaltender, but we got him moving from side to side. We made quick plays. I don?t know how many goaltenders in the league would have gotten them.?

At the risk of being called crazy....again.....did anyone else besides myself and Ryan Miller think that Brodeur was average last night? He made some tough saves, so did Miller. That's their job. But, if you get him moving side to side he can look like any other goalie. I realize that my entire post states the obvious. For that I apologize. I just get tired of Brodeur this and Brodeur that. Sorry for the vent.

Brodeur's night was alright, but at least two of those goals (Hecht's second and Kotalik's blast) he had no chance on.

Miller on the other hand has no reason to talk. He looked like a minor leaguer on NJ's second and third goals.

I'll stand behind my previous sentiments on Brodeur... I'm taking him as my goaltender in a 7 game series.

Miller on the other hand has no reason to talk. He looked like a minor leaguer on NJ's second and third goals.

Yeah but I love the fact that he says that. He started in front of him in the all star game, now he calls him out a little bit. Good stuff and nice setup to possible playoff matchup.

Yeah but I love the fact that he says that. He started in front of him in the all star game, now he calls him out a little bit. Good stuff and nice setup to possible playoff matchup.

I liked that he called the Sabres out after the two putrid outings over the weekend. He should keep his mouth shut about a first ballot hall of famer who has won 3 cups.

I liked that he called the Sabres out after the two putrid outings over the weekend. He should keep his mouth shut about a first ballot hall of famer who has won 3 cups.

No way. I love it. A wide eyed rookie in awe of Brodeur would say something like "He is just so talented we were lucky to get anything by him." A confident goaltender looking to lead his team to the cup says something like "Shut up about Brodeur already. He's human just like everyone else. He can be scored on."

Maybe I'm reaching here, but the last week or so has shown me a lot about Miller's growth this season. Last season he was solid but maybe seemed like he just wanted to keep quiet and not lose games for his team. This year he is taking a proactive role in leading this team. I love it.

No way. I love it. A wide eyed rookie in awe of Brodeur would say something like "He is just so talented we were lucky to get anything by him." A confident goaltender looking to lead his team to the cup says something like "Shut up about Brodeur already. He's human just like everyone else. He can be scored on."

Maybe I'm reaching here, but the last week or so has shown me a lot about Miller's growth this season. Last season he was solid but maybe seemed like he just wanted to keep quiet and not lose games for his team. This year he is taking a proactive role in leading this team. I love it.

I see what youre saying.. I gained a ton of respect for Miller by calling out everyone after Saturday's game. But, geez.... can he stop letting in the softies? I'm extremely nervous with him in goal.

Brodeur's night was alright, but at least two of those goals (Hecht's second and Kotalik's blast) he had no chance on.

Couldn't agree more, I'm not sure I appreciate a goalie calling out another when he has just allowed two atrocious goals himself.

That said, Miller has a habit of allowing some pretty brutal goals, but somehow they don't come back to haunt him like Biron's softies always did. As long as that holds true, I can live with it.

Couldn't agree more, I'm not sure I appreciate a goalie calling out another when he has just allowed two atrocious goals himself.

How is this even a "calling out?" Miller calling Brodeur human is an insult? It sure sounds to me like Miller is saying that no goalie in the league would've had a chance on most of the Sabres goals tonight. Unless Brodeur actually believes he's super-human, I don't see how it's an insult at all.

yeah Miller, Shut up

No goalie should have let in a goal from a guy standing right in front of the net and has one side left wide open.

Brodeur is good, I give them that, but if it wasn't for the devils and their style of play, he merely be an above average goalie. He didn't make an spectacular saves, only saves that a good goalie should make.

All Miller is saying is Brodeur looked human last night. Most here believe he is some type of Goalie god, a player that cannot be scored on.

Sure Miller is not super human either, hes good for giving up atleast one goal a game that he should have saved and last night was no different, that second goal should have been stopped, but on the third, I'd blame the rest of the team for the goal as Miller. They left a guy to stand right infront of the net to put that goal in. Miller is off to one side playing the puck when it comes across to the other side where the player infront could easily put it in. Why was no one trying to get this guy out from infront of the net?

Brodeur is a HoF goalie, but he did not look like himself last night. He had trouble handling some of the dump-ins and gave up a monster rebound on Paille's goal. Neither of these are very Brodeur-like at all.

I don't think there's any problem with what Miller said. He didn't specifically take any shots at Brodeur, just pointed out how the Sabres beat him. I also don't think it's bad for him to be talking like he is, as long as he's careful with what he says.

Miller's a confident goalie becoming a team leader. Nothing wrong with this at all.

I don't find myself coming to the defense of an opposing goalie much, but I will in this case.

The first Hecht goal I never really got a good look at due the camera work. But there was traffic in front of the net in the form of Mair. RJ thought Mair tipped it originally.

The Paille goal was a long rebound, true. But the D was out of place and Paille made an incredible play to reach the puck and throw it back at the net. That was an amazing goal.

The second Hecht goal he almost got to. That would have been the save of the year had he got to it. He was a whisker away on a 3-1 break with breathless passing. That goal was a top ten goal all year on the Sabres highlight reel.

The Kotalik goal was also a laser resulting on a 3-1 break. Brodeur had to respect Drury charging straight at him. Zubrus fed a brilliant backhand across ice and hit Kotalik in the sweet spot of his swing. There wasn't anything he could have done to stop that play. Zubrus and Drury should get all the credit for playing it that masterfully.

Miller was I think making the point that these goals forced him side-to-side and any goalie you get moving is in trouble. The O managed to get him moving just enough to win the game. Otherwise, he made a bunch of excellent saves.

You can't pin the loss on Brodeur last night.

I don't find myself coming to the defense of an opposing goalie much, but I will in this case.

The first Hecht goal I never really got a good look at due the camera work. But there was traffic in front of the net in the form of Mair. RJ thought Mair tipped it originally.

The Paille goal was a long rebound, true. But the D was out of place and Paille made an incredible play to reach the puck and throw it back at the net. That was an amazing goal.

The second Hecht goal he almost got to. That would have been the save of the year had he got to it. He was a whisker away on a 3-1 break with breathless passing. That goal was a top ten goal all year on the Sabres highlight reel.

The Kotalik goal was also a laser resulting on a 3-1 break. Brodeur had to respect Drury charging straight at him. Zubrus fed a brilliant backhand across ice and hit Kotalik in the sweet spot of his swing. There wasn't anything he could have done to stop that play. Zubrus and Drury should get all the credit for playing it that masterfully.

Miller was I think making the point that these goals forced him side-to-side and any goalie you get moving is in trouble. The O managed to get him moving just enough to win the game. Otherwise, he made a bunch of excellent saves.

You can't pin the loss on Brodeur last night.

Exactly, and just like about 90% of buffalos losses, you can't pin the loss on Miller either, yet alot here do because he isn't Hasek

Brodeur is a HOF goalie (maybe not first Ballot, but a HOFer), but like alot of HOF players, we don't look at them as being human, all Miller was saying is that Brodeur is human, and can be beat, and Buffalo did that last night and showed that they can beat anybody

I agree with Wraith, I dont think Miller was trying to call anyone out. He was just saying that yea Brodeur let a few goals in that might not always go in on him, it happens, he is human! I think he was kind of defending Brodeur's game since it wasn't his best. I don't see it as an insult at all.

Archived