This Day in Sabres History :: February 15

PASabreFan

February 15, 1989

Mike Foligno is named captain two days after Lindy Ruff turns in the C. The Sabres beat New Jersey at the Aud, 5-3.

February 15, 1995

Alexei Zhitnik scores on his first shot in his first game as a Sabre in a 2-1 loss to the Rangers at the Aud.

February 15, 1996

The Sabres trade defenseman Craig Muni and a first-round draft choice in 1996 to Winnipeg for Michal Grosek and Darryl Shannon.

February 15, 2003

Over 18,000 fans at HSBC Arena watch as Marty Biron makes 48 saves and Miroslav Satan scores on a penalty shot as the Sabres defeat the Rangers, 5-4, to snap a franchise-long eight-game losing streak.

February 15, 1995

Alexei Zhitnik scores on his first shot in his first game as a Sabre in a 2-1 loss to the Rangers at the Aud.

February 15, 2003

Over 18,000 fans at HSBC Arena watch as Marty Biron makes 48 saves and Miroslav Satan scores on a penalty shot as the Sabres defeat the Rangers, 5-4, to snap a franchise-long eight-game losing streak.

wow i never knew Shitnik scored on his first shot.... lol what irony.

And i definetly remember that NYR game.... i was there!!

February 15, 1995

This goal spurned the famous call of "HOLY ZHITNIK" by our good friend and constipated cow John Gurtler.

Shortly after that Charlie Huddy scored and he laid this nugget on us "HOWDY DOODY HUDDY" God, he was horrible.

Craig Muni was a good, tough defenseman. I just wish we could grab a guy like that at the deadline. What we got for him really didn't pan out.

Eh, Muni was at the tail end of his career. Grosek and Shannon were integral parts of the next few years for Buffalo. Grosek was a machine in the playoff run of 1997-98. Shannon was decent in his years there.